28.7.03

The Wiggle Room

Back home at last...But I would like to vent against Apple and their hardware for a moment. How the HELL could they make a laptop battery that lasts only a few hours? This obviously was not designed for the bi-coastal types such as myself. Thousands of feet in the air, somewhere in the middle of the US today, I was in full swing on a new HF song called (at this moment) "THEY'VE JUST...". It has some haunting acoustic fingerpicking by Ms. Emmett, some broken beats courtsey of Baby B and Ash, and some melodic bassness from yours truly. Simple and moving. Anyhoo, I was just hitting my stride with the song , and the damn battery runs out. Time FLIES. I was so pissed. Luckily, S.O. was on hand to make sure the flight attendants provided me with enough tea to last the rest of the flight.

Apple, you can make a 30 gig freakin' Ipod, why can't you make a 4-5 hour battery? Douches!

Because of my bicoastal travels, Louche and I miss each other via Email today. He is in Chicago handling "the details", which I think is the nice way of saying "the record label bullshit". There are certain matters that need my attention, I'm told. I had a stop-over in Cleavland and while I honestly have no clue as to where Cleavland is in proximity to Chicago, I was tempted to just say fuck all and head over to Cracknation. But honestly, I am glad NOT to be part of "the details". Jared informs me that the thing I was concerned about in my previous MOGblog update is not the case, but I await the full story. I think there is some last minute manuevering to throw some more on the album, which has a firm cut off in the can deadline of...um..."sometime this week". It all depends on how much "wiggle room" there is. Look, if it makes the album better, go for it, I say. In the meantime, I am told Inivisible is quite "hot" for the new Chemlab album, now all they have to do is promote the shit out of it and treat it like the event it is. This album is a blockbuster and the second Summer of Hate is upon us (even though the record comes out this fall).

I have agreed to do a remix for my pals in K-NITRATE. However, I will not be remixing K-Nitrate, but will be remixing their side-project Audio War, which I have never heard, but I am sure is loud and nasty. Could be good! The Russians have sent me a note letting me know they are hard at work on thier aggression remix. I am salivating for that one cause I think it will be amazing if they do it the way I think they will!

I have come home to find Cerati tickets waiting for me. He plays here in NYC on Wed. Thank God!

F

No comments: