6.7.03

Hello, Jared, It's me Chris Walken!

The first round of Hypefactor guest stars have been contacted and have agreed to pop into the studio this week to bring their unique stylings to the table. Knowing these first two guest stars quite very well and knowing what they are capable of, I'm psyched and honoured to have them come in. I stopped into the studio today to handle some Chemlab stuff (nothing major, just a few things Jared asked me to put together), and of course I had to pause to listen to this weekends musical results. I'm jazzed. Completely by fate and fate alone, my cameo at the studio today coincided with a delivery from Great Wall. An almost tearful reunion.

Going back and forth with the Chemcrew about the mixing and now the bullshit associated with releasing the album (i.e. artwork, credits, publishing, yadda yadda) begins. I heard the instrumental demo of a song called ATOMIC AUTOMATIC and I'm particularly pleased with how it's sounding. VERY Chemlab, very heavy, very nasty. mmmm. Jason sent me an update from the CrackStudio to tell me Mr. Duffy's dirty little paws have gotten a hold of some of these songs. I don't think anything pleases me more than a motivated Jamie Duffy. As this record develops, my confidence in the production team grows. Chemlab is in good hands.

And to top off the evening, I just found out that 88.7 WRSU FM, New Brunswick, NJ radio is spinning the track INFRINGEMENT from the Hypefactor EP. Nice!

Should be a busy week. Lots of studio time planned. Maybe someone from the MOGpac will write as well ;-)

F

No comments: