4.7.03

It's a national holiday. Everyone is travelling or bbq'ing or taking it easy. Of course, I will have none of that as I am literally packing up the bass to get started on the new round of Hypefactor songs. Should be fun and interesting.

Chemlab update: First from Chicago: Vocals are done and the album is officially in the mixing stage now. I think Mr. Duffy has gotten his hands on a few of the tunes so you KNOW good things are happening. From NY: I spent a few hours at Brandt's studio yesterday going through a cassette tape that Jared gave to me containing two full sides of old Chemlab demos from their East Side Sessions. There is so much incredible stuff on this mother. I immediately wrote Jared a threatening letter that we eventually had to go back to some of the songs that never saw the light cause there is a ton of good ideas on this that were never completed. Man, gimme some of the drugs they were on back then making this awesome music!

As usual, I have gone out and bought far too many discs lately. Everything from new Ogre (really good), Hate Dept (snooze), Type O Negative (a good return to form). But nothing and i mean NOTHING beats the long awaited live album from Primal Scream, called "Live in Japan". This Japanese only release is without a doubt one of the best live albums I have ever heard and I can't stop listening to it. if you are even remotely a fan, this is worth seeking out. As a hardcore fan of this band, I am blown away. I saw them earlier this year and loved it, but this disc surpasses that by a million times. It's one of those rare albums that makes you wanna go and be in a band. Incredible.

In other incredible news, the GENIUS that is Gustavo Cerati is doing a rare tour of the United States this month. To say there are happy faces in the MOGcamp would be an understatement. I'm seeing him in LA as well. DONT MISS HIM. What a trip to LA this is gonna be: the reunited Duran Duran, The San Diego Comic Con, Raw at Staples center (thanks AL), and Cerati, plus Brad Cramps bachelor party. oh yeah, I will work too ;-)

Have a good, safe holiday, kids.

F

No comments: