14.7.03

Listen, I'm going to play on your record tonight and you're more than welcome to come"

Guess, what? Today, I was invited to come play on my solo record. How cool is that? I get a call from Ash telling me he's going into the studio to work on my album and I'm more than welcome to come. Jesus, ok. Thanks for the invite (I mean that in good fun).

As I type, Ash and Brandt are working on guitar parts for our more Cerati sounding track. Ash is giving us those dreamy e-bows that I love and Brandt is....Marring the song up a bit, if you know what I mean. I wanted this to be a rocker, but they are pulling it into a very cool direction.

I, having recorded my bass and guitar parts for this particular tune, get to stare at some wrestling while listening to the lads record. The last time I did something similar, the song "J-BAR" was written, so I am going with the flow. And the flow is quite good.

An updated version of www.hypefactor.com is up and running. Check it out.

S.O. and I had lunch with the legendary Paris Trout today. Paris is an ace Chicago soundman, road manager and basic jack of all trades. I first met him when he was an engineer on the aggression's FLOOD album, and he has since moved on to be an in-demand soundguy. Whenever he is in town, he makes a call and we hook up for a bite or a drink. I can't tell you how enjoyable his company he is. He's a great guy and I'm always happy to spend time with him. We urged him to get the Year of the Rabbit album, which is out tomorrow, and has been in constant rotation at MOGworld for a few days now. GET IT.

I'm happy to report that PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN does not suck. it's good clean fun. Gore Verbinski, who also directed THE RING, is quickly becoming one of America's best mainstream directors. Hell of a director.

The world of Chemlab is quiet today.

The MOGpac reunion at the German Beerfest this weekend was very enjoyable and it was good to see the entire crew make it out (big ups to The Kidd for making it for a bit despite his bowel problems). Though I came home smelling like a homeless man, it was good to get the Pac gather on one big park bench at the retirement home to drink pitches of beer .

Happy Bastile Day, and don't think we didn't have dinner at Les Halles tonight, cause we DID. mmmmmmm.

F

No comments: