1.2.05

Tucker Revisited


Tucker
Originally uploaded by Hypefactor.
Today, out of the blue, a nice letter popped up in my E-mailbox from a gentleman by the name of Pat Ogle, who some of you might know from his work in the goth band Thanatos. I have never met him nor spoken with him before, but he dropped me a nice note complimenting me on a eulogy I had written for the late William Tucker when he passed away about six years ago. Pat had worked with Tucker in his later years on an excellent album called BLISTERS, which was mentioned in the eulogy. Anyhow, it was a very nice note and we've traded some E-mails reminicing about the late guitar hero. It was fun to think about the awesome and entertaining Tucker. It's the second time Tucker's name has come up lately. In the interview I did with rockstarjournalism, I compared my friend Jamie Duffy to William Tucker in his wonderful contributions to a small scene.

Anyhow, I originally wrote the piece for theaggression.com (pre-blog obviously) and it was later picked up by true fan called Mark Weddle who wanted to do something to celebrate the life of Tucker. To that effect, he created a tribute site where you can read what I wrote along with lots of other people who loved Tucker as well. It's a super website and has everythig you will ever need to know about the life of a truly good guy and great musician. Go. Now. Learn.

http://members.cox.net/_meddle/tucker/

I was always disappointed I was never able to work with Tucker. But then, in a weird but exciting way, an indirect opportunity presented itself when Jared gave me a tape containing guitar parts Tucker had done for EAST SIDE MILITIA that no one had ever heard before. Jared suggested we use something from it for Chemlab. Go get your copy of OXIDIZER and pop on the opening track PINKSUTURE and you'll hear the fruits of my labour. It was a nice treat to at least have that.

I miss you, you rotten fucker.

F

No comments: