18.2.05

Coast to Coast

My apologies for being so out of the loop as of late. The Left Coast kept me busy. First off, kudos to my agent/lawyer/advisor for housing Irene, our nephew and I for an entire week. In exchange for such hospitality, said agent/lawyer/advisor was dined repeatedly, including one memorable evening in which my significant other's moms made what could only be described as the best Korean meal ever fucking made. I'm downplaying it. Really. Also, apologies go out to those I didn't get to see or didn't get enough time with while in LA. That includes Leo and Shia LaBeouf. No, really.

Car accident aside (NOT my fault), it was a busy and fun trip. My nephew, of course, was the highlight, though seeing Lori Laughlin and Jessica Alba are up there. I also saw the guy from ALIAS who was doing the Garner before she slummed it to Ben, and this guy should give all short normal looking blokes hope that they too can score a chick who is taller, stronger and hotter than them. Valentines Day at Ca'Brea, where I was welcomed like I had just returned from single handedly blowing up the Death Star, was also a big bonus.

Of course, it had it's usual LA dumbass shit, but thats reserved for the part of my life that I don't write about here. However, please see Constantine tomorrow so it makes enough money for me to laugh in the face of certain executives who paid for me and my girlfriend to eat and drink for free last night. Do this as a favour to me. G might tell you otherwise, but the movie is fucking good. Long story short, I am involved with the film. Stay there long enough and you'll see my name somewhere in the credits. (Same with a certain super hero movie that opens on June 17th). A downer was the lack of a certain actress with the initials R.W. not appearing at the premiere of her own movie. At least the singer from Bush was nice. His wife however...

Anyhow, here I am, back in the big city, thank the MOG's, and going in between the new Damage Manual (Which I am unsure about this early in the listening process) and New Order (which is the first album of the year) albums as well as sifiting through tracks for my debut DJ slot tomorrow. The odds are if you're one of the few people who actually read this, you were already invited to said celebration of Brandt, Dorg and Liz's combined Bdays. Come check that shit out. I AM spinning Britney. That is not code.

Our first adventure, just hours after getting home was to check out the returning heroes, Kasabian, who were opening for The Music. Irene was a trooper, defying a sinus infection to watch Serge and Co deliver yet another fucking blazing set of madness. The crowd was kinda lame, but receptive and the band, as always, were dead on. The live versions of the songs have improved tremendously. They seem more like a band playing than replicating the album. They didn't have enough room to move around on the stage but they gave the usual 200% and we left happy campers. The Kasabians return for 2 nights at Bowery in May. Tickets OBTAINED.

Musically, I remain focused on the Chemlab remix album. I'm not allowed to discuss whom the remixers are, but I think the machine rock fans who follow that genre of music are gonna want this sucker. I have to mixes in and they are unique and exciting and not what you expect. Sorta like Jared. Anyhow, there's more to do on this record, including a possible new contribution from yours truly and getting more kits out. I'll keep you posted.

Anyhow, I'm fading, so sleep well my friends.

F

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you KNOW I'll be seeing Constantine.
-- Junk

F.J. said...

Junk, we STILL cannot post on your blog! what the hell!?!? Keanu wanted to leave a note

Anonymous said...

BOGUS!
-Junk