4.2.05

Don't believe the Truth

I just did my morning check of the NME and I was shocked to read this:

"OASIS are to play a huge NEW YORK date, NME.COM can exclusively reveal. The band, who will tour the UK in June and July, will also play at the New York Madison Square Garden on June 22. Support at the show will come from Jet. Tickets go on sale on February 12."

Now, either they aren't touring the states this year to support the new album and this is their only US show or Noel has truly flipped his fucking wig big time. Don't get me wrong...I love this band to death, they are one of my all time favourites and I will go see them anywhere at anytime, but this seems awfully ambitious. But as Mr. G just pointed out to me, I'll be there in a fucking heartbeat. While I love the current wave of Britrock, and I feel there are a finally a few contenders to the throne, no one can topple the Gallaghers. But for fucks sake, this new album better be good. Save us Gem and Andy!

F

No comments: