23.2.05

Dear...

This is a new semi-regular thing, similar to "What I've learned from...", in which I write an open letter to someone...here is the first one...

Dear BRANDT:

You were totally right about Echo and the Bunnymen's WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE and I was dead wrong. While I never hated it, in fact, I really liked it, but only now do I truly realize that it is truly a classic album worthy of the Bunnymen legacy. I think I was pissed at the time that Les had left the band (again), Will is barely on it, theres a cameo from Fun Lovin' Criminals (hideous), and it didn't rock as hard as I wanted it to, but it's genius. Your standing by this album is noble. Kudos to you for not allowing my overblown melodramatic and occasionally wrong opinions override your young and previously impressionable mind.

Fucking amazing record. It's good thing Hypefactor has recorded a record that's better (Cue anonymous self-indulgent egomaniacal prick comments)

Impatiently,

F.

1 comment:

mjg. said...

i equate this with when the Fonz used to admit that he was wr-wr-wr...when he was wr-wr-wro...AYYYY!!!