30.9.03

Whats?

Little B has the flu, so the studio is basically contaminated. Thus our Tuesday studio event was out the door. Sissy boy. However, news comes Mattagement that both HF and the aggression have received reviews in the newest issue of Outburn. THE DISTRACTED LOVER, which received an 8 out of 10, was a well written review in which I felt the reviewer gave it a fair shake and actually knew what the hell he was talking about. Most shocking was that his favorite track on the CD, PIRATED, is in fact my least favorite. Meanwhile, the aggression's DEVIATIONS ep got a 6 out of 10 from some reviewer who seemed more hellbent on classifying everything in a genre as opposed to actually getting into details about the music. While the reviewer is very kind to FLOOD as an album, it's shocking at how the two reviews differ. One is well written and really gets into the guts of the CD while the other sounds like some bored kid trying to explain something to a pal in the dorm room. Anyway, its fun to hear opinions like this, especially when they're good. Of course, right when we get reviewed, the label doesn't have an ad in sight for any of these records. No one in the MOGcamp is shocked.

Via the wonderful world of the Internet, Ash has delivered his parts for the second half of the track we call TWO BASSES. As a joke, I call it TWO BASSES THIN. If you get that, you get 10 points. Anyway, I am due in DC this week so I want to take this track with me to really get into it. The first half is slow, this new half is faster. The key to this will be to make a solid transition between the two. I see this at the moment on the second half of the album. (I write that simply so a year from now we can compare where the track actually ends up)

I close the evening reading about Raymond Watt's new project, which is called, and I love this...WATTS. My dear friend Marc Heal appears on this I think. This will give the Kidd and I much enjoyment as we love all things Raymond. I hope it's good. I hope I don't have to order it from Japan. I hope it's awesome. Meanwhile, Bryan Black is going to put out the long-awaited Haloblack album THROB soon. I'm curious how that album will be received by the kids. Louche slipped it to me a while ago. I dig it, its really well done. However, it is not fast, not hard, but unique and interesting. I can hear the douche coldwave kids (not you, Aero) complaining. But kudos to Bryan for expanding his palette. It's a tough sell of a record though. The only thing Coldwave I'm digging thats new is Christ Analogue's new one. That's a hot album.

Watts will probably be awesome. Hopefully

F

No comments: