4.9.03

Sol

Took a brief pit stop into the studio last night for a few hours to fix up Solar. Some parts previously laid down needed to be re-recorded to fit in the song properly. When arranging, this happens. So of course a simple piano part now is three tracks of three different ideas that I will sort through today. Once this minor tweaking is done, I'll E it over to the studio, where B will prep it as am MP3 for the "Corporation" (as I call it) to hear. I have a good vibe about this song.

We had the Latin Grammy's on, hoping to get a glipmse of Cerati, who I have a feeling didn't bother to show, despite being nominated for Best Rock Album (I think).

Meanwhile, Brandt presented some parts for the new song he mentioned earlier here in the blog blog blog. Despite it's Thrill Kill Kult rip off strings that might need tweaking, I quite liked and laid down a quick bassline. I struggled for a bit to come up with more and decided not to push it and wait till B lays down all his guitars. His parts for this are good and I'm looking forward to playing with this one.

The new Twilight Singers EP arrived the other and day and all I can say is: Greg BY GOD Dulli, you have been sorely missed. Welcome back! Dan Hamill has taken a full week of work off just to listen to this three song EP. Can't miss this one and the cover is sweet too.

No comments: