12.9.03

Ass Grabber

The Factor Corporation gathered it's division heads at the cage last night. The Head of Engineering decided to show an hour and a half late, which gave yours truly, the CEO, the opportunity to have a nice drink at Les Halles downtown with Deputy Douche. Later we were joined by General Rabinowitz and I gave them a sneak preview of the new Chemlab, which they liked and appreciated. A good test.

Anyway, once we all got up to speed on where all the songs are at, we went back to those earlier acoustic tracks the four of us recorded some time ago. They hadn't been addressed since the initial recording. Well, one of them, which we just call TWO BASSES (obviously wont be the final title) has now morphed into a really cool trip hop track that suddenly goes dance. VERY cool loops from Ash and then Robin and I recorded some additional guitars and bass, respetively. B wrote some new stuff as well that he will be recording in the coming days. Suddenly this track has a whole new life and a new vibe that I am very into.

We then addressed THEYVE JUST, which will remain a sparse, acoustic based track (I think). Robin went mental (for Robin) and was pissed a certain take of her guitars wasn't used. I think she hit Ash at one point, even though this is really something I did. Anyway, we found the part and will be putting it in. I promise, Robin! I think Brandt has a track or two to add to this one and then I will take another pass at it. Very moody piece, very romantic and fits real well on the album.

Lastly, we tackled SOLAR, which we all have problems with. Everyone has pin pointed that the problem lies in verses, which are not as full developed as the choruses. People were a little hesitant to make comments cause I had done the arrangement, but I was fully in agreement with the comments made and am determined to get this song up to speed. Brandt had some guitar lines that I think I totally missed that will work on improving the verses. This weekend, the idea will be for me to write an entirely new bass line and get some sax in there. I see this as the album closer. The song is there, we just need to develop more.

A lovely trip back to the Gramercy area with Robin, the ass grabber. She expressed to me how much she she enjoys working with HF, but also misses the aggression. As Batman used to say in the old TV series: "Poor Deluded Child".

All in all, it was a very productive evening!

On a side note, America loses two great icons in Johnny Cash and John Ritter. Rest well, men.

F

No comments: