24.9.03

Our Girl All Grows Up!

With Ash unable to make it last night, the spotlight focused on Ms. Emmet, who, while brought in initially to be the aggression’s first and only drummer (and quickly became my favorite member of the aggression), has become quite the impressive guitar player in Hypefactor. Because of changes made to the track she initiated, THEY’VE JUST, we re-recorded her guitar parts and tried different variations of it (i.e. acoustic and electric guitar takes), so we have lots to play with. As always, her focus and desire to see things come out perfect is a blessing. Once that was out of the way, we recorded her playing some Noel Gallagher style rock guitar on NEW SONG (obviously, just the working title), and by God did she turn this song into the rocker I was envisioning. Robin’s a really talented musician and my intention will be to make sure she is never underutilized. And yeah, she’s my favorite member of Hypefactor, too. Between Robin, Ash and B, I feel quite fortunate to have all these talented people working on my “solo” album.

We loaded 1956 in the computer, but because of our Robin-centric evening, we will get to this song during out next session, but everyone seems pretty hot for it.

Back in the other musical universe, our friends in Dubsinth back in St. Petersburg Russia have handed in their remix of THESE MILLION NIGHTS for the forthcoming aggression EP. Yura, aka Atom Fear, has really delivered a great, slow, moody, and cinematic remix that will fit very nicely on the final CD. Awesome work!

Sino, from Japan, informs me his remix of DREAMS TO DEATH is finished. Hopefully, I will be able to write about it shortly. Also, Cyanotic, an industrial band I know from the Midwest, wrote to tell me they should be delivering a remix on or before 10/1. Of course, my musical Alzheimer’s has kicked in and I can’t remember what track I gave them. Anyway…

Danny-Boy informs me I missed the NYPDBLUE season premiere. I must really love this album to forget such an important event. But there is no more important television event this year than the 24 season premiere on, I think, October 28th. I need TIVO. Immediately.

F

No comments: