7.9.03

BOXSET?

While the asses cobraed yesterday, it was back to the Birdcage (the new name for the studio) to work on the Audio Warfare remix. As I'm sure you can figure out, the track is pretty hard, and quite honestly, the remix is even harder. I think my friend Christian Nitrate will approve.

Needleye delivered big time on their remix of the aggression's MY WHITE NOVA. It's a stormer and does what I like best with remixes, uses a lot of the original song for the listener to know its a remix, yet adds so much of themselves to it that it becomes interesting and original. They manipulated a vocal that original said "you were so goddamn pretty" to sound like "you were so goddamn prissy". Hilarious. Kudos and thanks to Gilez and Needleguys. The remix reminded me of why I originally wanted to be in a heavy band.

However, now with half the EP now, I find myself in that position that I HATE more than anything, which is nagging the other remixers to hand theirs in by the deadline. This is even harder when you have people remixing in places like Japan and Russia. When I was watching over 12 or so remixers for PURE LIQUID EGO, I felt like the bigggest asshole in the world trying to get people to finish, especially since they were working for free. Hate it. I do like nagging Jamie Duffy though...he deserves it. ;-)

It's interesting that while I am chin deep in the Hypefactor album, I find myself going back to listening to very hard music. I'm loading the Ipod with old v23, Schwein and of course, old Chemlab. I think this is a yin and thing. Ash was recently disenchanted with one of his many musical projects and I explained to him that we all have different moods and the music we do reflects that. That's why now, in our Power Station/Arcadia phase, I feel a longing for the aggression and that kind of music. Eventually. Right now, I have Chemlab to keep me in that vibe.

The evening ended at the pub celebrating S.O.'s birthday with half of poontang and half the pac (in the form of G and the Kidd). The evening included cameo's from Bing and MURRAY! Good times, though we send good thoughts out to our dear friend Dorg, who had a bit of a spill earlier in the day and is in rough shape. Much love to her.

And now...brunch.

F

No comments: