2.9.03

My Kinda Town

Blog blog blog. Dear Bloggie...

Just got back from the Bradley J. Fox nuptuals in Chicago. Good time and good to see former aggression members as well. I think we have Mr. Linq locked in for an appearance on HF2. He has the demos and was digging them quite a bit when we parted ways. He and Nina should be popping into MOGworld next week. Came home to find the 24 marathon in full effect. Needless to say, I am a big 24 mark and was suckered in immediately as was Mr. G 70 blocks away.

The new aggression remix EP takes shape. Needleye has finished their remix and it's on it's way. I don't even know which song I sent them! SINO from Japan has agreed to do a remix and Brand't is getting the parts ready as we speak. The Russians have finished one and have asked if they could do more! Can't complain about that.

Saw the family Novak while in Chicago for a fun evening. It was good to be there in a non work situation. Which of course meant Jason and I went straight into the studio to listen to the Crack works in progress. With the Novak kids asleep, the grown-ups fast-forwarded through the much discussed MTV awards. The Madonna/Britney thing was a snooze, but Jack Black is a genius. Anyway, I thought the Duran Lifetime achievement award was a great idea on paper, but was executed poorly. Still, to see them on TV was great...and speaking of the Durans...

On the 27th, my 31st Bday, some of the crew caught Duran at their intimate gig at Webster Hall and by god was it incredible. Please refer to my previous post from the gig I saw last month and apply it here, except 500x better, which quite possibly makes this my favorite gig of all time. it was a shorter set, but we left that gig drained and amazed. I was also glad to see that the last gig wasn't a fluke and these guys mean it. Just see any recent review in the NY papers and you'll see. Amazing.

Spinning the new BRMC CD at the moment, so far, they have avoided the sophomore jinx. So far.

Chemlab's drop date is supposedly the 3rd week of October. I designed a Chem Tshirt that hopefully some of you will be wearing soon. A new project with Jared (not Chemlab) is in the planning stages and should be the project I segue into after the recording of HF2, though bough projects might run simultaneously.

Brandt tells me I have some work to do on SOLAR. I like the sound of that!

F

No comments: