3.10.03

Hailing From Our Nation's Capitol...

In DC for a few days. For the first time since S.O. lived here when we were wee kids in love, I took Amtrack down. However, thanks to some travel experience, was bumped up to first class, which was a delight. The tea was always handy, just like on Continental's first class flights, but the difference here is that a. you can use your cel phone and b. they have outlets for each seat, which for a guy like me who seemingly has become physically grafted to his laptop, is a blessing. This is a far cry from the last time I was on an extended train ride, which was in Mother Russia (see theaggression.com tour diary for details), however, the Russian dining cars are the BEST (right, Matt?).

Therefore, the 2 and a half hours on the Acela Train gave me time to work on the HF2 song TWOBASSES, which I have mentioned previously. It's a tough song with a lot of parts, so the bulk of my time was spent figuring out how to mesh the very fast part with the very slow part. NOT easy, but I made some headway and thus I am looking very forward to my train ride back to NYC (hopefully) this afternoon to get deeper into it. I think, and this is for those in the corp. reading it, I'm going to add little noises and such from the faster part and pepper them throughout the slower part for continuity. I sound like a chef.

Anyhow, I am staying at the Willard in DC. Fancy-ass hotel. Awesome. My lovely S.O. would dig the hell out of this place. But historically significant because it is the bar where Ulysses S. Grant would drink. All the politicians who wanted his ear would hang out in this lobby to wait for him to get him to sign off on things while he was wasted on rye. Hence, the term "lobbyists". How cool is that?! That's your history lesson of the day.

The kids in Cyaontic wrote me to say their remix for the aggression EP should be done today. I'll report on once they send me an MP3.

In the best news of the week, former aggression vocalist turned important screenwriter and his Mrs. have had their long-awaited baby, a girl, who's name, at the moment I don't know how to properly spell, so I will refrain from trying. Needless to say, it's not F.J. Everyone is in good health. The Mom called me and she sounded like she had just come back from shopping, while the Dad sounded like he just did 4 tours of duty in Iraq. Hilarious. Bless! I have no doubt that S.O. is currently shopping for MORE for this new child, as my lovely girilfriend has bought more clothes for this baby than I have in my closet. But hey, kids are awesome. I get my lil cuz's on Sunday!

On the run.

F

No comments: