9.10.03

Where am I?

Hi Ashley:

After an early breakfast this morning with my old pal the famous Martial Arts Cinema historian/Author (who hated KILL BILL by the way), I decided to stroll through Times Square in search of inspiration for my mom's Birthday gift. I hadn't been up there since G, Matt and I spent an evening with Wrestling Superstar Who Used to Be Shinobi. Anyway, I am a die hard New Yorker, to the end hopefully, but there is some weird shit in Times Square. Based on my experience today, I would like to tell you that we live in a world in which:

1. Robert Evans has an animated series about his life (that's actually a plus).
2. Posh Spice shills for hip hop clothing. What the FUCK.
3. Why is my agent/lawyer/advisor spending money for me and my girlfriend to see "A Boy George musical" that is also a "Rosie O'Donnell production". This is BROADWAY? Where are the actors?
4. Jason Patric on Broadway. Nuff said. And no, he's not an actor, he's a method half ass.
5. And to make it worse, he is "acting" opposite Ashley Judd.
6. Bubba Gump Shirmp Company opens on December 6th. I'll be at Sardi's thanks.

This is all I can think of it. It was too much. I hate myself. Anyway, I ended up getting mom tickets to see Hugh Jackman looking crazy disco gay in THE BOY FROM OZ. and yes, I'm going too. Dan Hamill just told me "Moms love singing fags". I would have agreed with this, but Jackman IS Wolverine, so he's tops in my books.

My "celebrity" sighting was Robert Sean Leonard who looks like my relative who married a woman to cover the fact that he loved men. There's nothing wrong with that! Stop it! Gay is OK. Where the hell are the real stars!

Anyway, this sent me packing right into the Virgin Megastore where they expected me to spend 30 bucks on the new John Cale album. Luckily, Amazon UK has it for like 14 bucks. Screw you Branson. I ALMOST bought the new Interpol single cause it's the Arthur Baker remix, but its just two song. Lousy. Luckily I came to my senses and ran home, where I now have to go meet my former student, Edward, who is a nice guy.

Two more remixes have arrived: The first one comes all the way from Japan. SINO, who you can read about in the new Industrial Nation, took an interesting approach to DREAMS TO DEATH and made it a nasty machine dirge. It's very simple, but effective and fits in real nice on the EP. In the meantime, the lads in Cyanotic delivered their remix of THESE MILLION NIGHTS and have taken a drum n bass approach to it. Solid. I'm really happy with it and it gives us something we don't have yet on the record. One thing I have learned from all this is that Tom's vocals remix really well. Remixers love the smooth vocals.

Meanwhile I am working on a remix for a band you all know and love but are curious as to where their new album is. I am just as curious to be honest with you as I thought I would have it by now. Who knows. I'll get back to you on that. Also, I'll report back tonight or tomorrow after we get the crew together at the studio. Lots happening with HF. Till then...

F

No comments: