22.10.03

Kid Notorious

LA's been a whirlwind of early morning and late evenings. Despite what it seems like, it aint all glamour. Spent some time visiting the set of the movie we've been working on for years that features The One in his next big genre role and co-stars with My Current Favourite Female Actress Who Lives Near The Pub (who I paid money to see in her new movie this past weekend). I could watch her run out of an SUV and into a bowling alley for HOURS. And I did...

Meanwhile, my free moments are spent helping put together this Chemlab EP, which I am doing the artwork for and having my two cents as to what should go on it. I must say I am digging the artwork, I've been having some great bouts of inspiration. Lucky. Jared better keep the title I came up with for this. Also, if he has them ready in time, you'll be wearing Chemlab T-shirts of my design quite soon.

I have a sun tan. Horrible. Embarassing. Though I got it while doing the AIDSwalk here in LA this past weekend with S.O.'s sister. Nobody walks in LA, so this was quite entertaining and moving at the same time. But the tan. jesus.

I think I may have forgotten to mention that the night before I left, we saw Spiritualized. Thanks to G owning LET IT COME DOWN, I am a recent convert to Jason's music and I regret missing their last tour (which BRMC opened). I love the epic and orchestral aspects to the music and I think his lyrics are quite funny. They have a new album, AMAZING GRACE, which is their stripped down rock album, and while I like it, it lacks a lot of the things I love about his music. The live show, unfortnately, reflects that new album and while his band is tight, he sits to the side and just plays without emotion. This totally took me out of the show. I'm not saying the guy has to be a showman, but stand up for chrissake! You're not Robert Johnson. Dude, come on. Get up. lazy Sod.

The Factor Corp. minus the CEO gathered in NYC last night. Maybe B will get the courage to post what went down in the studio while I wasn't looking ;-)

Just get me home. Quick.

F



No comments: