29.10.03

"This was just like the Johnn Marr show, except GOOD!"

Been crazy working on Chemlab. Jared is off to Chicago today for the remaining details and then he is off on the Pigface tour. I've been sorting through the new mixes, dong notes and also doing some last minute sound design work for the EP. Fingers crossed no one at INV screws this up (no offense to everyone there, im just anti-labels today, keep reading). The mixes are dirty and more Chemlab than Chemlab. It's harsh and I like it. Luckily, the songwriting is really solid and the music itself is excellent, so its just a matter of mixing and getting it just right.

Mr. G and I caught Paul Weller the other night at Town Hall. It was an acoustic set and he was joined by Gem Archer of Oasis. I don't own any Paul Weller albums (mostly because G owned tons of it when we were roommates), but man do I want to now that I have seen him. The man is energetic and the songs were excellent. Gem is a shockingly good guitarist and really added a lot to it. Amazing. G's review of the gig can be found in the title heading above...

Today I received a fan letter from a guy, Timo, in Germany. He had heard the aggression on various comps and such and wanted to buy "everything", but Tinman hasn't returned ANY E-mails to him. Horrible. I am so furious that I wanted to give this kid every record I have ever done. Sadly, Tinman hasnt returned any of MY emails and I have no cd's either. So i pointed him in the right direction and he is very appreciative. Timo is dead psyched for Chemlab. Me too, pally.

The season premiere of 24 was last night and WOW did it deliver. Jack Bauer: Heroin addict!??!!! I can't handle how good this show is. I have the Kiefer Madness like there is no tomorrow. This is the best show on TV in the past 10 years i think. Since AMERICAN GOTHIC, a lost classic featuring Gary Cole.

Back to the grind, kids...

F

No comments: