26.10.03

The Machine Age...almost

Here I am. Been ill since my return from LA and have a houseguest in the form of Bradley J. Fox, so time is at a premium at the moment. We saw MYSTIC RIVER last night which was solid, but marred by a few flaws and an unncessary final 7 minutes. Also, Sean Penn has fallen into Pacino/DeNiro mode where he is starting to become a bit of a gimmick. Tim Robbins however, was quite good.

Anyhow, been using the sickly free time to just chill with S.O. and to also catch up on the mad rush of Chemwork that needs to be ready for the Pigface tour and the subsequent release of Oxidizer in January. Jared's been great in asking my opinion on things (like approving artwork and such) and I've been hectic doing the art for the new T-Shirts as well as for the new limited edition 'MACHINE AGE EP". I've been really hands on with this release, working with Jared on sutures for it as well as the aggression (remember them) contributing a remix to the project. I did the remix, but then had to run to LA, so Brandt really took the reign and really brought it home. so kudos to him cause he saved this one. It's hot and the only place you're going to get 5 of the 6 songs on this bitch. The final track listening has a new song called BLACK SNAKE VOODOO HISS, two sutures, two ESM demos, and the remix of BINARY NATION we did. Hopefully Invisible will get this ready in time for the Pigface tour. Speaking of which, make sure you go to the NYC show, you might see yours truly onstage if all goes as planned.

While I was gone, Brandt took the downtime to flesh out some remixes of DISTRACTED era HF tunes. Quite simply, they are AMAZING and when done, will be made available for all to hear. IN a perfect world, the new album would have a bonus disc with the DISTRACTED EP plus the remixes. A special edition if you will. Not light we ever signed a record deal for that anyways...

We have tickets to see Death Cab For Cutie tonight, but I might give my ticket to out friend from poontang who's apt went on fire and her ticket is now lost. She is a bigger fan than I am and I think this would make her happy.

Back to the grind this week. Now that the Lab stuff is just about out of the way, I'm aching to get back to the HF2 stuff.

F

No comments: