16.10.03

THE MORNING AFTER THE LIFE BEFORE

I haven't forgotten you, I've been in LA doing the things that I guess I do. I spent a lot of the plane ride here working on the lyrics for a song now entitled THE MORNING AFTER THE LIFE BEFORE. Meanwhile, I have music to work on, but there has been so much material recorded recently that it's jamming up my sweet laptop. Speaking of which, I've worn the battery down to the bone so I stopped by Apple to grab me a new one and doubled the RAM in this bitch so it moves a bit faster. Feels good.

Spent a lot of time here with my friend the Famous Comic Book Writer who just gets better and better and is doing amazing job writing my all time favorite title TEEN TITANS. He is so good and such a sweet guy. We spend every Wed I'm in LA buying comics and hopefully we will be collaborating on something big in the future. He also has a cool wife and a very cool office which he shares with another cool comic writer you all read.

Meanwhile...for Mark Mohtashemi and a few others who asked, here are your answers on THIS:

"Greetings, wireheads:

Jared here. This is just a quick posting to explain why the CHEMLAB record’s taking so damned long to hit the streets. Jason and Jamie and FJ and I (along with a few other key noisists) had a fantastic, spring-wound, deepcut-groove time writing and tearing apart the trax that make up OXIDIZER. It’s a great record, very much in the vein of BURN OUT, while not imitating it. It updates and mutates and at its heart is a detonator coil set to go.

I’m really proud of it and everything that’s brought it this far. I want to make sure that all of Jason, Jamie and FJ’s hard work gets shown off in the best possible way, with the most power. However, everyone on the project felt that it got rushed at the end and needed more than we could give it at the time. It was a tough call but we’ve decided to bring in a second producer, Julian Beeston, to work with us on finishing off the record. This means that the record won’t be coming out until January but when it hits the streets, it’s guaranteed to be a multi-layered sonic beast even more improved by a second drag through the mixing desk.
To compensate somewhat for this disappointing delay, I’ll have copies of a limited edition EP with me on the Pigface tour. It’ll have a few trax on it that you might be interested in - a couple of trax from OXIDIZER, as well as two from some EAST SIDE MILITIA demos which I came across recently. The demos feature Geno and the late great William Tucker - very different versions than on the album, and they sound amazing!
Also, the official CHEMLAB web site will be up and running by the time I start the Pigface tour on November 5th. Be warned, it’s going to be in a state of mutation and freak-out for quite a while, shifting a lot as new discolorations are revealed. Check it out at www.hydrogenbar.com

OXIDIZER couldn't have happened without Jason, Jamie and FJ, and come January, I hope you’ll all agree that it was well worth waiting for. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.
Now hold still: here it comes...
jared"

A lof this was news to me, though now I'm hoping the remix in progress (now in the hands of Ash) makes it to the new EP. Timing is an issue and we will bust ass to try and get it on there in time. For the record, we (as the aggression, remember them?) are remixing the track BINARY NATION, one I co-wrote and play on, and is quite in the vein of BURN OUT AT THE HYDROGEN BAR. You'll dig it. Here is my comment on the EP from the Cracknation website "The EP should be interesting. There's a ton of stuff from JCPS that they never used that I compiled for Jared some months ago off a beaten up old cassette that will be on this thing. I'm curious as to what he will pick as there is some crazy shit (and honestly, there is some stuff that would have REALLY made that album a lot better, including alternate takes and such, as well as tunes they never finished)"

Anyway, everything is cool and I am driving a convertable here in LA, which is another story in itself. Forgive me, but it's time to eat at C'Brea, my favorite place to eat in LA.

F

PS: Stu Hart, legendary patriarch of the famous wrestling family, passed away today. Owen, I'm sure is waiting in that ring in the sky waiting to thrown down with his pop again. Bless.

No comments: