26.12.04

Vacation Diary Day 7

Wake up wayyyy late. Work out. Listen to Kylie. Come back to find message from irene, whose back is out again. Go up to get her. Listen to Primals. Tea and Rice Krispie treat at her store. Buy books (U2: SHOW, MEN OF TOMORROW, and GTA STRATEGY GUIDE). Run to Best Buy. Buy DVD's (Chris Benoit, ELF, and DODGEBALL). No fucking NAPOLEON DYNAMITE or fucking ANCHORMAN. Home. Chinese take away. Watch DODGEBALL extras (pretty funny, doesn't make me miss playing). Irene naps so I watch Benoit DVD (awesome). GTA. Listen to Libertines. Read Spanish Language interview with Mani. Mani says: "I believe that if Kasabian manages to make good a second disc, they can be greater than Oasis, greater than no other group" He also goes on to say its they are the only other band he would play in. That WILL happen. Watch. Not now, but way down the line. I called it here first. Eat Caviar (rapidly running out). Listen to Yorn. Find G and I in the background of a photo from MSG in the U2 book (had Irene double check to confirm). Very small, but funny. Irene stuggles off the couch (intestinal fortitude) to make some new meal involving potatoes, leeks, and eggs. On paper, I should hate this, but I don't when I eat it (ask for seconds). Watch Ali G movie: INDAHOUSE, which I got for Irene on DVD. Pretty funny, plus hot chick from Boston Legal (not on tonight) is in it. Bonus (inform Lurch). Listen to Manics. GTA pissing me the fuck off. Vent to Pearson. Talk to Matt and Brandt about various things. Realization of the day: No matter how little I THINK I'm doing on "vacation", I go and write this bullshit and I see I'm actually still busy as fuck. Weird. Where's Ash?

11 comments:

mjg. said...

Ash is in Masswhackshits or something like that.

ashley said...

Sorry, I'm back. I was in Massachusetts from late Fri night to yesterday. Was supposed to go snowboarding yesterday but woke up to a foot of snow. Highways weren't plowed so we couldn't get up to the mountain. Got my Dad a DVD player and the Conan "box set" DVD. Oh btw, "the box set" consists of one double-sided disc with the two movies, commentary, and "The Making Of". TOO GOOD.

ashley said...

HAH, I read Matt's comment after I posted. He's just mad (as am I) that I coudln't hang with him and Natasha at Croxley's on Xmas Eve.

mjg. said...

i hung out with Natasha at Crox's on Christmas Eve? goddam the holidays (read: my family) bring out the alcoholic in me.

Ash - did i call you on christmas eve?

ashley said...

BOTH of you called me on the Eve within minutes of each other. Damn.

F.J. said...

Ash, could you explain something to me as well? You plan on going snowboarding, and it snows, and because of that you can't go snowboarding? Why does this sound weird to me that snow would keep you from snowboarding.

mjg. said...

btw...what's the Making of TOO GOOD all about? I've never heard of it.

ashley said...

OH GOD, something stinks in here.

F.J. said...

Blame the Pot. And Suburbia. And Ash you still have not answered my question above.

ashley said...

Basically, we couldn't get to the mountain since the roads were really bad. Sorry F, I can't put one over the plate for you this time...

F.J. said...

Ash, I was actually interested in the explanation ;-)