22.12.04

Vacation Diary Day 3

What I recall: Woke up early. skipped work out. Checked out pix of new Cramp baby (looks like her dad). Ponder Ash's phrase "Sheer Genius". Shower. Get to post office: mail present for Link baby and big box of fun for nephew (Box 1 of 2). Listen to The Roses. Walk down Park Ave. Bought a cruller from a vendor who called me "baby" and told me "a lot is going on today" yet gave nothing to back that statement up (I did ask). Ignored on street by Michael Saintface (who, to his credit, had his Ipod on, was about 10 feet away and racing like a mexican powerwalker, and just saw me with long hair, which I currently no longer have). Hit Toys R Us: Place blows, they have barely anything I'm looking for (for nephew), in particular a Yugioh deck he needs, and have no fucking price tags. Get nephew and irene some fun stuff. Go to Christmas booths in Union Square, get Irene something she probably doesnt even remember telling me about (but I know she'll like). Points. Skip Virgin and go right to Forbidden Planet. Buy comics and Justice League figure (for nephew), though they lack the Yugioh deck. Read comics while eating in Au Bon Pain (Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Astonishing X-Men are the top choices this week). Go home, research Yugioh. Talk to Tomooka. Listen to My Bloody Valentine. Play phone tag with Link. Discuss babies with Matt. Quote Wes Anderson movies with Murray. Brandt sends random music. Walk down 3rd Ave. Make fun of Fed Ex guy who tries to stop traffic and then drops all the packages off his cart (got what he deserved). Go to Toy Tokyo, end up spending more on myself (Batman Movie Kubricks), but do find the Yugioh deck. Killer. Listen to u2. Go home, lots of mail. Look at new business cards. Fucking Wizard sends me the new issue that DOESNT have the Constantine cover shot. Dicks. Some GTA (beat the mission I was stuck on), Fill out Wizard Awards Ballot (you're welcome, Geoff). Drink Peppermint Hot Chocolate at Irene's store while reading Wizard (takes 10 minutes). Give Irene new business card. She takes me for one of my Christmas presents: CAVIAR at Caviar Russe on Madison Ave (you can never go wrong with this gift), go home bust out the Russian Standart Vodka (thanks to G and Mattagement), and eat said Caviar and drink while irene shops. Read u2 article in Rolling Stone. Listen to u2. Blog. Check out photo of my cousin's cute kids. Have funny IM exchange with The Junk. Watch WALKING TALL with The Rock (so so). Jot down sequel ideas for a movie no one has seen. Talk to Aero. Listen to Suicide. Make fun of Brandt.Read more of Wizard (10 minutes). Didn't laugh as much, but was triumphant in the present purchasing so today is considered nothing short of a full success.

F

1 comment:

mjg. said...

Frank - i luv ya and all...but this blog is starting to turn into a phone call from Tom - but without the $1.50/min rate.