23.12.04

Vacation Diary Day 4

First off, kudos to Todd Ryan for the heads up on the aggression T-shirt. Wake up late (10:30) due to late night GTA progress. Read blog comments. Ash lobs me one, re: Canada, that I hit out of the park. Factor style. Ponder Junk's inability to have us comment on her blog. Brief IM discussion with her, mostly about health and Morrissey. Compare and contrast Emmy Rossum and Anne Hathaway and discuss the forthcoming Oasis album with G. Unshowered, run to post office with final nephew gifts. Listen to Nik Kershaw (allo Chazzy). Postal lady knows me now, busts balls about lack of tape. Smile to avoid overage charges. Charm in full effect. Run back home. Eat Hummas. Speculate DC Comics 2005 with Evan. Work out. Listen to Libertines. Read more of Edge. Shower, at last. Weather is shit. Pizza. Race uptown to buy mom gift. Tree looks nice. Listen to Oasis B-Sides. Hit Japanese bookstore. Stop at Sam Ash, buy giftcard for very musical cousin. Pit stop for Irene gifts. Weather + Midtown + Tourists = pain in the nutsack. Soaked. Listen to Weller. Due to adverse weather conditions, plan to go to Myers of Keswick to stock up on Brit products (digestives, crisps, etc) is postponed. While switching express train, I run into the Riff. Brief catch up. TIme has been kind to her. She is the first person who is not living with me to get new business card (I later find out that this isn't the case). She dates a Canadian. What can I tell you, but at least she didn't mention a certain aggression song. Lawyer texts from Pittsburgh (poor thing). Stop at local newsstand to buy candy but in fact they have the X-Mas issue of NME. To have NME this early in the week is a fucking miracle I can only dare to dream of (obviously the distro folks are rushing pre-holiday, cause I know the next issues will probably come in in mid Jan). Listen to Pet Shop Boys. GTA, slight progress. Caviar cravings through the entire day, but holding off so there is actually some left. Eat Almonds instead (my god, where the fuck are the donuts). Listen to Pete Yorn. Read NME. Feel dirty for reading it this early in the week, as if i would have nothing left to do on the weekend. Laugh at Carl Libertine's christmas stories. Go with Irene to eat at new Italian place on 2nd ave. Good stuff. Angry conversation with USPS re: packages that have not arrived for nephew. Angry Frank. Walked home, good times. Compliment Matt on dissing me on this blog.Listen to Radio Dept. I didn't laugh as much today, but that was because of the rain and tourists. I laughed a lot later. I hate midtown. Today's conclusion: Everything is EXACTLY as it should be...except the album...

6 comments:

mjg. said...

...so i scratched my thing...

ashley said...

I think this blow-by-blow stuff is the BEST, Jerry...

ashley said...

And THEN I read the comment on Day 3 from Mattage!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He now does that IN PERSON, btw.

F.J. said...

Is that why you can't get certain things done, Ash? I mean guys, where do you think I got the idea for this vacation diary? ANYHOW, as for Matt, I don't think he actually wrote that comment...his pal Nivek did. Cause Nivek is much more clever than Ttam.

F

ashley said...

I would never have thought that Tom still had the ability to inspire you, albeit indirectly.

F.J. said...

Oh dear friend and bandmate, don't confuse Parody with Inspiration...