29.5.07

"SATURDAY BEATS. MONDAY BEATS"

What a fucking weekend. This was not the restful holiday weekend I envisioned, but most of that is all for good reason. I still think my head is in vacation mode, and Friday night, I kept my brain off, and did something I normally never ever do, which is sit on the fucking couch and stare at the TV. Irene was working, so I took the opportunity to watch STAR WARS as I did 30 years before. Sugar good. Hey, did you see the new Clone Wars trailer? SICK SICK SICK. Watch this shit NOW:



I was invited to Celebration IV in LA this weekend, but I wasn't gonna head out there just to chill with the costumed nuts. if i had been there already, certainly. ANYHOW. There's music to be made...Speaking of which....

Saturday, B and I reconvened to be the duo that is Hypefactor, and your hero arrived HUNGRY. I thought we would do our usual trip to Atlass, but B had other ideas and finally we made our long awaited trip to the now fucking legendary PIES & THIGHS. Who knew a southern eatery would be named after a Chris Link MOG song!?!? Go fucking figure right? So B had been telling me about this for ages and he surprised me with a trip there. Oh shit it was so good. Allow me to steal the Citysearch description, for your mind:



"Homegrown and homemade, you'd be hard-pressed find a more low-key restaurant in the five boroughs: A few stools crowd the closet-sized ordering area that doubles as a kitchen, where orders are scribbled on scrap paper, and change is made in a ceramic cup. In warmer months, patrons dig into country favorites served on checkered tablecloths in a side alley, while the Williamsburg Bridge traffic and trains whiz overhead. Eating here is like attending a well-rounded country picnic. Juicy fried chicken, coated with a crispy, light batter, gets sided with a fluffy, buttery biscuit. And light and flaky fried catfish sings with its crunchy cornmeal coating. Carolina ex-pats will want to jump on the vinegar-heavy pulled pork sandwich, topped with a tangy slaw and served on a white-bread bun. Homemade fruit pies look and taste so homemade, you might be tempted to ask where they're hiding grandma."

I'd kiss that grandma right on the lips. Two words. SWEET TEA. We were like two little schoolgirls eating like men. That makes no sense, but neither does this place. This will be a regular haunt for men who can handle the walk, ie the men of Hypefactor. And I need to mention the homemade donuts. Fuck the dunkin bitches, this is the REAL love. I was too full to get one, but they let me have some donut HOLES. For Free. Anyhow, check this shit out. So good.



This obviously helped the mood cause then we kicked it into high gear and went back to work on DON'T DREAM and goddammit we have cracked it. WIDE. It's finally sounding like the tune we wanted it to be. The funny part is, for every new part we write we end up chucking it in favour of 2 good parts we have re-discovered in the song. The tune has life, it has soul, it has balls. And it still had a lil bit to go....Big apologies to ash for our missing his BBQ, but I had colleagues in town for the next event I'll discuss, and we went long on the music. Plus, I heard it wasn't worth going to. B told me that. Himself.

Anyhow, the time has come for young Chad and Sarah to get married this year. Though I feel like they are both 15 years old, I guess I have no concept of age these days cause seemingly they are old enough to do this and we found ourselves invited to the engagement party. This occupied our Sunday entirely. Dressed up, ready to go, but of course this thing is in JERSEY, and I reserve comment, but it was a good time and the kids were happy , as you see here:



Handsome couple, yes? Getting there wasn't terrible as the Path train was only SO crappy. However, I didn't enjoy taking the train from WTC, which as you all know, is the serious shit, even for an aloof cad such as myself, or at least thats what the haters say. In the end, painless and fun , despite having to dress up: Observe Evan and I dressed up for the first time since our last day of High School:



Then Irene and I met the LA gang (who came all the way just for this thing) at the Waldorf for drinks and then it was off to Les Halles for another super dinner. We then had some drinks and took it back home some some well earned slumber. But there is no rest for the weary as your hero spent his Monday morning and afternoon in work related meetings before stopping home for an hour before running to B's for some more asskicking on Don't Dream. Yes, we DO NOT STOP. If there is a free moment, a few free hours available, we steal it and OWN it. And NOW we are just about there with this fucking song. I listen to it as we speak, and it feels fresh and fair. We're at this fun point where B and I are able to pinpoint things very easily and work our asses off to accomplish it. Great dynamics, great teamwork. It's a shame we will never be friends, but we will have some sick ass albums out. We are extremely excited and motivated for the Hypefactor project.

OF COURSE now it is Monday night, and that means it's back to watching wrestling with the lads. No more 24, no more Heroes, it's back to the great sport. Tonight, Irene was working and everyone was in agreement, Pluck U it has to be. As it always was. As it shall be forever. We Plucked, we read comics, we watched sport and then all of us proceeded to fall asleep at certain points. But not before Danny gave me the title for this entry when asking about my musical work this weekend. The Kidd, unemployed, uneducated, but in love, made his leisurely return. A welcome presence. Maybe that he has nothing else going on, I can get him to work on music. Certainly not lyrics.

Anyhow, I hope you had a good weekend too. It was a good week to be MOGpac, as I got to see everyone at some point, though I did miss my lil cousins yesterday cause of this engagement thing. But anyhow, try and top it you bored bastards. You can't.

xoxo

F

1 comment:

mjg. said...

a) citysearch is so...i don't know...but citysearch is my zagat's. use yelp.com, and here's your link. http://www.yelp.com/biz/j9TdOBSQ1LRw8v3hW5fObQ

b) what did B eat at the PnT?

c) i take offense to what B said. Himself. About Ash's bbq. i was there.