24.5.07

Review.

Last night I finally made it back to the studio for the first time since my trip. We both bolted our respective real life jobs early so we could start off right with a massive Dokebi dinner. We had some Sake to get the mood right. The restaurant wasn't packed either, which was nice, cause sometimes it can be a zoo. Then it was off to work.

First we went through B's overdubs on CLEAN UP, which are in great shape. That song's like a guitar track away from being done, and I mean really done. Not the done I was mentioning in 2005. This is really fucking it. Then this gives us a great excuse to get Peter Saintface in to record is final vocals. This song is huge.

Continuing with the guest star tracks, we then reviewed OUR FAITH, which is also maybe 2 guitar tracks away from wrapping up. My intention is to bring the track with me to LA in a few weeks, with my recent new vocal takes, and have Leo cut HIS final vocals. Then THAT song is done.

Finally, we went through the new parts we demoed for DONT DREAM JUST SCHEDULE during our very productive session with the producer known as Ash. We isolated and discussed the things we liked and didn't like, and then re-arranged one of the choruses in a cool, groovier way, where I looped some of Charles' bass as opposed to him playing through the whole thing, saving the main bassline for the second half. I also played around with B's new ghost keyboards. A little repetitive, a little dancy, and it worked really fucking well. All good stuff. Some cool drop outs, etc. feels more interesting. Little things that make a big difference. During our next session, hopefully tomorrow, I'm gonna add some sweet new lead bass. Youll see or, better yet, you'll hear. Well done, Producer Ash, you got the band to push shit forward.

Phew. Tunnel. Light.

F

No comments: