11.5.07

The Money Pit

The mad rush for Rome is on and you can't imagine what a fucking MENTAL week I have had. You can't make this shit up: This week, my apartment went mad. Exploding water pipe, Flooded kitchen, dead phone, no cable, no internet. All in a 2 day span. It like never fucking ended and I'm afraid to mention it before I jinx my shit further.

It's mostly been a lot of work to get done before we leave. I feel like a zombie and I know we're probably gonna sleep a helluva a lot there. But our first night involves dinner with my pallys from Japan, who completely by conicidence are in Rome that same day. Of course, they line up fucking MEETINGS, but I love these guys so it's fine. Then we eat. And sleep more. I am armed with the latest round of UK music magazines for the flight. And the world phone is here as well. But don't call me. Asshole.

Because of the vacation, I was lucky to find Brandt was free these last few nights so we spent two very solid nights working on music. B's doing guitar overdubs on CLEAN UP that sound super. This song is HUGE. Last night, Ash made a cameo and after much discussion listening to ideas, etc., he produced as B and I tried to figure out some additional parts for the album's centerpiece DON'T DREAM, JUST SCHEDULE (that title, FYI, comes from a phrase one of my above mentioned Japanese pallys said to me in Tokyo). We busted out the Pro-One and the Thunderbird and off we went, and we "JAMMED". By the end of the evening, we had a solid foundation to work off of during our next sessions. The ideas are there, Ash recorded them for us, and now the fun part is figuring out what works and what doesn't. We'll make it happen. It's what we DO.

Ok, I'll check back with you later.

F

No comments: