25.5.07

"Good Luck In Boston, Not That I will Ever See You Again or Know Who You Are"

So despite Irene not feeling well, we stuck to our plan last night to see PIRATES 3. Joining us were G and The Kidd (showing lotsa leg, this plays into it later), Lurch, his girl (I think), and his roommate Jon, of whom I feel I need to spend more time with cause he is rather funny. There was also some random girl with us who I was told was "the special guest", and I'm still baffled who this person was, but as the Kidd said to her the above quote, I realized no one did. Maybe Jon did. He's funny. I like him.

Anyhow, we sat through 3 hours of Pirates, and I can't really spoil it for you, cause I honestly cannot tell you what this movie is about. I don't know who to cheer for, I don't know who to hate, I don't know why anyone does anything. SPIDERMAN frustrated me more because I SAW a good movie in there, buried under unneccesary scenes, unwatchable over the top acting and action, and wasted new characters. PIRATES? I couldn't tell you dick about this movie. Johnny Depp is funny, everyone else is fine, and Chow Yun Fat is awesome, of course. He, and the pet monkey, are the two best actors in the movie. They killed two characters and one of them, a character who was in the previous two and had a good supporting arc, dies in the wackest way and I was totally done at that point. Big mistake. I could tell you what the last movie was about, this time I can't. I know what HAPPENS, and when its people with swords fighting, its awesome, but other than that, it's just a lotta money on the screen. Looks cool though and I do like these characters, but I have no idea what the fuck they are on about. I feel like Vince Russo wrote this movie. Irene summed it up that the movie shouldn't be called AT WORLD'S END, but should be called ALL LOOSE ENDS. And not in a sequel kinda way.

ANYHOW, it was tiring, but you know, gotta see it. Though the kidd saved it at the end with a burst of laughter that was infectious. Something to do with leg licking. See the movie, then we will share the pop.

F

No comments: