8.5.07

On the move...

Greetings from home. LA was a quick, fun, and at one point frighteningly stressful trip. The fun part was mostly Thursday night as I had a fun dinner with Mom Bradish, with whom I watched Korean soap operas with before The Councilwoman (aka Future Governor) met up with me and we cruised in the mustang over to Los Feliz (basically, the LA equivalent of Williamsberg) to check out Leo v23 live with his band, AM Pacific. Leo has assembled some solid musicians, and it was awesome to see Christian Hand from v23 playing drums for him. They had a great, supportive crowd and it was great to see Leo perform onstage. His singer, Lisa, has got the pipes and is the real deal:



If I had one complaint its that I miss Leo being the frontman and singing. When I saw him perform last, a few years ago, it was him in front with the ladies backing him up. But he's taking charge and is really doing well for himself with this new band. he has a 7 foot tall babyfaced violinist who was very good. The evening gave The Councilwoman and I time to catch up and even got to see my beloved gay icon Roberto, one of my favourite people on this planet.

I won't bore you with the drama parts of the LA trip, though you'd truly enjoy they, but I ran back to NY on Saturday morning, grabbed my girl, shoveled some soup dumplings in my mouth and then saw the amazing HOT FUZZ. This is the exact timeline of the events. No rest for the weary. HOTT FUZZ is the funny shit. Edgar Wright is just an awesome director and Pegg and Frost are just a riot. It lacks a lot of the charm that SHAUN OF THE DEAD had, but honestly, who gives a fuck when you're mocking BAD BOYS 2 and paying homage to POINT BREAK. Fuck yeah.

Sunday was the long awaited return to the studio. This was a much more productive experience than my last trip. We got some serious programming done on CLEAN UP and we're getting dangerously close to it just being about guitar overdubs and vocals. You might actually hear this album someday and love it to death. It DOES rock.

That night, me and some other men kept it real at HAN before catching up with Irene to see SPIDER MAN 3. All I will say is this. I wish I saw SPIDER MAN 3 first and then HOT FUZZ, cause then I would have been in a much better mood when a pipe under my kitchen sink exploded and flooded my kitchen, which occupied my Monday and put me in the foulest of moods. Luckily, no damage, but the clean up is a pain in my balls. Tonight, we are heading up to Harlem to check out some Bjork, which Irene is very excited about. I'm hoping to grab some Ruth Ann's for dinner!

How are you doing?

F

No comments: