5.9.05

Maintenance


I'm an early riser today, despite sleeping very little as of late mostly because I'm enjoying my new toys (all music related gear) and getting the home set-up into shape. My apartment is covered in guitar cables, FX thingys, keyboards and other assorted gear. However, I should really be programming some drums for an HF track, which I think will occupy my afternoon and pre and post wrestling evening. However, I'm very excited by the leaps and bounds recording tech has made lately and how easily my gimp ass has been able to adjust to it thus far ;-)

For the record, I would like to address two items brought to my attention by readers of this blog:

1. During my blog entries from Tokyo, I refer to my "Thunderbird", which is NOT a car, but in fact the Gibson bass guitar I have played for the last decade plus. This was my dream bass and I worked quite a bit to save up for this fucker. It's been all over the world with me (except Russia) and has never failed me. When I last met Peter Hook, he had just bought a vintage Thunderbird (mine is an anniversary reissue). Until I have Hooky's guys make me a bass (and I have actually spoken with them about this), there's nothing better than this bass. You can see it here in this aggression rehearsal photo, circa 2001. Please note that the sunglasses were not an attempt to be "rock 'n roll" but in fact my insecurity about being photograph in later stages of my bells palsy (that's a true story). Anyhow, No car. Only bass.

2. Someone reminded me that I would later address the big thing that pissed me off about Episode 3. I bet you won't believe this, but the scene I wanted to see more than ANYTHING in this film was cut. That scene was when Qui Gon Jinn commuincates to Yoda via the Force at the end of the movie, this finally explaining the theory of Force Ghosts, etc. I could go on and on about this, but I was so fucking furious that this scene (which, by the way was addressed in almost every offical Ep3 book including the script, novel, movie program, etc. as being part of the movie) was cut that I was near tears. Cutting the scene renders Yoda's conversation with Obi-Wan at the end the film totally useless. I have explained this scene 10 million times to people, so I won't bore you with it, however, I refer the curious fan to check out this site, which explains everything perfectly and has the dialogue in question: http://www.qui-gonline.org/faq.htm#ep3 There is hope that it appears on the DVD, and I know a bit more to the story than I'm allowed to talk about in public, so my fingers are crossed.

OK enjoy your holiday, back to work here.

F

No comments: