15.8.05

Someone's At The Door


I was really excited to hear about this:

"Coming on 10/15 is American Gothic: The Complete Series (SRP $49.98) - something I know a few of you have been waiting a while for. The 3-disc set will include all 22 episodes of the series, including 4 that were never aired during the show's original run, as well as over 45 minutes of deleted scenes"

AMERICAN GOTHIC was an incredible and scary series created by former teen star Shaun Cassidy and produced by the genius known as Sam Raimi. It was a southern based horror series that starred the wonderful chracter actor Gary Cole as the devil himself in the form of a small town sheriff who terrorizes it's inhabitants, in the hopes of getting control of a young boy who may or may not be just be his son. The kid was played by an amazing young actor named Lucas Buck, and the chemistry between the two actors was off the charts. There were a lot of great actors on this show and there was even a cameo episode with Raimi-regulars Ted Raimi and Mr. Bruce Campbell. Sadly, the show only lasted one season, and I think they kinda knew it as the show spiralled out of control towards the end and stopped making sense, but now upon hearing there were 4 unaired episodes, I think theres more to this than what I originally knew. It's great to see that this show is going to get it's due at last. CBS really dropped the ball with this show...

Though I have to wait till October for it, I'm sure the UNDECLARED DVD set will keep me occupied till then.

F

No comments: