27.7.04

"oh so I should thank YOU instead!"

The con was THIS close to a full success, mostly because I got screwed big time out of the convention only Batman figure. Lost the raffle every day. I suck. However, I scored a rare new BATMAN BEYOND Kubrick as well as a convention Teen Titans special Robin Mini Figure. I type this yet again in my SITH t-shirt, so the 2004 con will go down as the best so far.

So now its back to LA for the week until the Cure gig Saturday. I'm going to try and catch Saintface in Bklyn on Friday night if I am awake (Hello, Peter!). Not much to report here other than a brief but enjoyable phone conversation with Mr Pally Neet, who is in Albany being visited at the moment by Agent/Advisor/lawyer, who's room I type this from. My chat with Dan was a nice surprise and uplifiting. He is a good vibe. I hope to get my grubby Machine Rock hands on their new material sooner than later...probably before Die Warzau if they keep delaying!

Yes, I was seen at Skybar today, but I'm not proud of doing such LA things. Yes, I did make up for it by watching the awesome Iron Man match on Raw while eating Pizza. However, because former students turned pals have Direct we actually watched WWE on East Coast time, which has totally thrown me off. With Wrestling done at 8pm, I have no idea what to do with myself. Thus I am writing to you.

I had a brief scare on Sunday when Mrs. Cramp (and unborn child) attempted to eat at my favourite LA eatery, Ca'brea, last night and found it was closed. I panicked big time, but called tonight and they answered, so maybe they are just closed on Sunday in the summer. I hope. I will try to make it there tomorrow night with former aggression vocalist turned screenwriter turned parent. I'll keep you posted.

Back home, Irene informs me that Inv has sent some CD's. I think the Damage Manual remixes are in there, which is an interesting album to me. As you know, I adore my friend Connelly, but I felt the Damage Manual fell short, mostly because I thought the production wasn't up to snuff. The CD's sounded muddy (no pun intended, Neet) and failed to grab me like Murder Inc. did several years before. The lackluster show Brandt and I saw them play years ago didn't help either. However, hearing remixes could allow the project to take on a new meaning for me. Ill keep you posted. It's a shame Chemlab doesnt have a remix album out...we know who to thank for that, i think.

Meanwhile, the UK trip gets even better, as Irene and I will be seeing Mr. Greg FUCKING Dulli himself and his Twilght Singers the day we get there. I will stay sober for this gig, I promise. Unless G shows, which isnt likely. I just got the tix and I am dead psyched, kids.

Hope you like the new Blog look. I had no idea I had OPTIONS, so I looked into it...

No comments: