31.7.04

"Her Shirt Disappeared Somewhere Along Fifth Ave."

There is literally never a moment of rest this month as I woke up at 4am, got on a 7am plane, flew to NY, walked in the door, kissed Irene hello, ate some Pluck and then ran off to see Saintface in Brooklyn at my favourite venue Southpaw. The band were in TOP form and played with a lot of energy and the sharp musicianship I come to expect from these lads. Also, they played some more of the hits, including my two current favourite songs, which proves this very blog has some sway. And yes, that's been confirmed. Anyhow, the gig was REALLY good, they were firey and had the swagger of a band that is confident and excited about playing music. I love that. Also, Peter pulled an old school Frank move by dedicating the last song to one of his many ex-wives, which to me is always a genius move, so respect to him to that. Of course said ex wife was one of the ladies of internationalpoontang.com, which made it all the more enjoyable.

Normally, this is where I would start bitching about their album, yadda yadda, but Peter has two days left of actual mixing. I told him I would be on his doorstep Wed morning ;-) I expect big things from this album and I doubt I will be disappointed. And you know it will be reviewed here first.

Speaking of reviews, a ton of CD's have showed up here in my absence that have yet to be consumed, such as the new Damage Manual Remixes, Pigfaces' crackhead (I love getting things early), the Cracknation Sampler (thanks El!), and two CD's by Gustavo Cerati's bandmate/programmer Leandro Fresco, who is AWESOME. Lots to listen to, but not enough time as our day will be spent on Randall's Island checking out the Curiosa Festival. To say Irene is psyched to see Muse would be like saying I am a casual Star Wars fan.

F.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, she really did have a small shirt on.
Thanx to M. Riley for the shout-out.
Love,
D'orge

F.J. said...

I saw her not a day later in the same skirt at the Cure gig

Anonymous said...

How about going beyond which skirt or little shirt I was wearing and actually acknowledging I was there? We could try it next time. A nod of the head would suffice.
By the way... You have every reason in the world to be crazed about "those apartments and those stories"...

See you on the 28th.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, you looked crazy hot! What a lucky lad the keyboardist is!