28.7.04

"Is there something I should know before I blow all this away?"

My LA trip is taking its toll, but it does allow me a few fun moments. Took a quick pit stop in to see the nephew, who is recovering from dental surgery, which could suck for a 5 year old, but some Yu Gi Oh swag can be super medicine. Also, ran into young assistant friend of Agent/Lawyer/Advisor who wants to quit the biz to play guitar. Good seeing him, but too brief. We have a tentative plan to meet at The Short Stop, owned by one Greg Dulli, later this week, but I have a feeling I'm gonna get swamped and have to cancel, which sucks.

I was able to end the evening on a high note for two reasons:

Firstly, Dr. Fury himself, the original aggression vocalist turned screenwriter, was in town and we were able to catch up at Ca'brea, which thank fuck, is still open and in fact being renovated. The sweetie who runs the place gave me the full report on the renovations and made me feel like I own the place. Fury and I discussed his recent adventures in Alaska as well as our respective businesses. He is often eager to hear of my musical adventures as I feel he secretly longs to be in music again. I think. Don't tell him I said, but tell him I DO appreciate him treating.

Nextly, I return to LA HQ to find a nice surprise in my E-box: an mp3 of Mr. Peter Saintface's vocal demo for the new HF song EXIST. I've had it on repeat repeatedly for some time and I am VERY VERY happy. He doesn't know this yet, but I love it and am quite happy. It's quite Depeche in nature. This is a very good thing. As always, Mr. Face was worth the wait and he gets a free drink from me when I hopefully see them back in NY on Friday night. I havent heard from Brandt on this song yet as he is in Chicago with family, but I have a feeling he will be pleased as well. More on this soon.

F

No comments: