15.7.04

I JUST WANT TO GO HOME

Well, the above phrase was uttered by MOGpac Athletics team captain Matt after the Pac lost a crucial dodgeball match to the tournaments first ever (at least from what I've seen) All-Girl team, and I think that sums up last nights D-ball performance. We managed to win one, but we suffered nothing but losses the entire evening. About this loss to women, I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of G, The Kidd, and our newest player, the utterly useless (yet enjoyable to have around) Lurch, who saw this match as an opportunity to "play nice" and meet some girls. Since our team has girls, one of which is my own girlfriend, I felt no need to pull punches and eliminated several girls without mercy (and without injury). Matt I dont have to worry about as he doesn't respect women, Brandt, who played sleeveless and will never hear the end of it, is so young that he is still in his "girls are yucky" phase, and Irene and Robin ARE girls. My other three mates, however, we're thinking with their willies and we were served up a big hulking plate of defeat. THANKS GUYS. Of course I mean this all in good fun.

However, I must say, I had a ton of fun, even though weeknight dodgeball can be quite tiring as opposed to Saturday Mornings, in which you are rested and raring to go. I played all right, I guess. I think I played better than last time, but I was the victim of several bad calls and even got hot under the collar at one point with the ref, which is very unlike me (i was proven right though and allowed back). As a protest, I have decided to be the Brock Lesnar of D-ball and retire at the tender age of 31 to possibly return to my backyard wrestling career. If the money is right, I might return to D-ball, even though it has become a corporate monster of camera crews and Red Bull endorsements. I am about the GAME, the SPORT of Dodgeball.

Special thanks to Pete and Damon for no-showing at the last minute, leaving us short. Cheers, bastards. Also special thanks to G who brought the driest, least chewy, Chewy Granola bars ever. Asshole!

Anyhow, the night before was spent partially at the Birdcage, with me in the producers chair recording Brandt's new rythmn guitars for THE MORNING AFTER THE LIFE BEFORE, which had to be changed in light of Charle's recent bass revisions. B worked fast and with great skill and the night breezed by. I was only there a few hours, but left a very happy producer knowing that the opening track of the album will have the kick I want it to have. Brandt also threw in a few new brushstrokes which brought later parts of the song to life. Well played, guy.

B also posted the new version of 1956 for the others to hear and while we havent heard from Ash about it, Charles really was into it. In some instances, he couldnt tell the difference between his basslines and my new basslines, which to me is a HUGE compliment! We might get him to tweak some of his bass because I used different drums in certain places now in the song and he feels he could tighten his stuff up. Bring it on, I say.

I'm leaving for LA on Tuesday and B is off to Europa for a long spell on the 24th, but we're in super shape. The only thread dangling is Peter Saintface, who is mixing like a madman for S-face. We're patient people and he is worth waiting for as we have plenty to do. He's gonna sing two songs and is going to be the exclamation point on this album. To answer some of your E-mails, I have no idea when this record is coming out. Honestly, this is a new band starting basically from scratch and this album is crucial in defining who and what this band is and thus, it has to be perfect to us before you can hear. I love this record and won't sell it short, but damn am I itching to play some gigs with these people!

Tidbits: IDENTITY CRISIS might be the best comic book mini-series since KINGDOM COME. Congrats to my pal Mr. Carlin on editing a potential masterpiece...I just wrapped up Ric Flair's autobiography, which is wonderful, funny and educational when it comes to a business that I love, but have very little knowledge of. Foley's books are a tad better, but this comes close...I count the seconds until new record label PULSEBLACK gets up and running. It's the Die Warzau guys and all of their projects and I'm expecting huge things from them. The new DW songs are amazing...

I'm sure there's more, but the day must begin!

F

No comments: