2.1.08

HAPPY 08



Let's drink (some tea) for 08.

I don't have it in me to do a best of list so I'm gonna wing it a bit. Brandt might do it, complete with record labels, catalogue numbers and italics but I'd rather look ahead. I will tell you CONTROL was my favourite movie of 07 (NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN was a close close second) and Maserati's INVENTIONS which started the year as my fave stayed my fave. The competition was not fierce unfortunately. Gig of the year is a tough one, cause Jarvis rocked (was that this year?), and Hawley owned, but Chemlab had a little special something for me on an emotional level. So I'm gonna cop out on gig of the year, cause I might be forgetting something.

On the small screen, 24 broke my heart with it's shittiness, as did Heroes with it's halfassedness, but Boston Legal made up for it for my Tuesday night laugh, and I like new stuff like Chuck, which is strong. In comics, again, like last year GREEN LANTERN is the best shit out there.

I made a lot of declarations of things I wanted to do in 07, none of which fucking happened, so I'm gonna refrain from listing shit. This is what happens when movies go into production. I am excited for Hypefactor as always, as we have a treasure trove of material that we are THIS close to unleashing (I say this every year). It'll be worth it though. Gonna get some new Oasis in 08 I hear, and some Kasabian and maybe MAYBE some Freebass, which would be a good way to spend 08. Movie wise, 08 is gonna be sick with Batman and Indy and Star Trek (which I am really interested in).

I'm excited for 08. I hope to share as much as the next 365 days as possible with you. Let's start the New Year off right with the cool kids:




F

No comments: