29.12.07

Christmas Friends

Welcome back all. How are you doing? Was Santa kind to you? The old fucker is still sweet on me, bringing me the awesome shit, like the aforementioned Bacon Salt, and things like the long awaited BLADE RUNNER box set that people like Bob and I have been impatiently waiting for over the past seven years. Santa is good and looks slightly Korean these days, but we do live in a diverse world. Jared Claus was also kind enough to send a kick ass package which cements my return to Chemlab fanboydom. Such a pal. I was just exchanging E-mails with a friend of mine who saw him play on this tour and also had the same experience I had. I think that tour had some of the magic dust (and not the kind that used to be smoked on Chemlab tours).

Anyway, I am not exciting, intentionally of course. Without small man here, (he arrives today), I've been able to move at a slower pace and do things like go out to dinner, see movies, pick up Irene at work, see my folks, relax and sleep in. Since I came back from L.A., my career is "musician". I've been buying software and new gear, including a vintage clone theory pedal, same kind used by Hooky, so I am dead psyched to again continue the quest for the perfect sound. Also, been working on new tracks, remixes, etc. and going back and forth with B via IM while he in Chicago as we take stock of the HF catalog both present and future. Because B is always away during the holiday, I try to work on new things, while he works on the future songs we already have in progress (DESCRIPTIVE, MAGIC WORDS, etc.)that will be featured on future releases. Then when he returns, we will go back to the current project. It's like taking a break without ignoring the band. Sorta the opposite of most aggression members who ignored the band while never taking a break. Ponder that one, shithead.

Speaking of the big A, I'm also using the time to brush up on the aggression history to keep that going cause I know Matt and Ash like to read that shit. I am just about up to the part where Mark moves to LA and Ash and I bump into each other at the Cure gig at Irving Plaza, Halloween 1997, which leads to him coming back. Coincidentally, this is when the band goes from being promising (yet awesome) to really fucking awesome and too cool for industrial school. Which should tell you something. I'm starting to forget a fuck of a lot, which is unusual for me so I am glad I am doing this now. We can flesh it all out later I guess.

Been catching up on my cinema as well. The non-asian kind. Believe me I'd be watching Asian movies nonfuckingstop if my All Region pieceofshit was working. So this forces me to watch non-asian films. Also, caught up on my wrestling history watching the Shaw Michaels DVD as well as the History of World Class. Man that World Class DVD was depressing. The Von Erichs. You know? You probably don't know, but they were messed up.

Saw the very hyped JUNO, which is actually quite worthy of said hype. I thought it was simple, smart, cute, and unpretentious and I'm not just talking about the actress Ellen Page, who is extremely good, and is the future Mrs. Kidd. The whole cast is super, and the movie was a real joy to watch. I'll be curious to see how it does in the big awards season time.

Speaking of the big awards, just nominate the Viggo already. He fucking owns so hard in EASTERN PROMISES that it hurts. The movie is good, lotta curveballs, you gotta stay sharp watching, but Viggo is the centerpiece and man does he go all the way with this. It doesn't hurt that he's got the Cassel supporting him and we all know the Cassel is the greatest actor, nay, the greatest human being on the planet. I really dug this flick. It is ultra sick fucking violent, something I kept trying to explain to Danny via text cause he wants to see it too, but the guy walked outta TRAINSPOTTING, so I don't know how he will handle this, especially when Viggo is fighting thugs naked. Like I said, he's the real deal here, he also wears these awesome fucking sunglasses that I really want. Anyway, Best Actor. Right there.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you my Christmas Friends. I'm still gonna try to do some kinda best of thing, but I've no motivation to do so. Soon maybe.

F

No comments: