13.1.08

Bearded

Hello All:

Been keeping it low key as of late. The writer's strike is not helping, so my attention is turned to business matters and the what we will refer to as "the movie", which occupies a lot of my time as well. In the meantime, I have decided to keep the beard for the time being, it is now referred to as my "Strike Beard" and it has received thumbs up from many different corners. I think they grey hair helps make it look more distinguished and less hipster bullshit. Beard as of this writing:



It's been a rough week for members of the MOGpac. Details aren't important but I've been feeling down and useless about the setbacks several members are currently facing. It gives one perspective. However, like all things MOGpac, I try to keep the vibe light and the writing strong (Despite the strike) and hope I can be a little ray of light in the larger scheme of things. Stay strong, mens. Same goes to you, Damien.

Been cranking out some music as well. Yesterday and Wed saw me making the trips to Shitfriend Studios to work on the final track for the album, which is making a big comeback from the original original sessions from way the fuck back. It gave me the opportunity to try out my vintage Clone Theory pedal, which was absolutely fucking worth the investment cause it sounds amazing. It reminded me of my old flange pedal from the early days that I lost at lyric except much better. All those years of trying to get a specific sound, B and I found it in about 37 seconds. Fucked up, right? So anyway, it was fun just writing basslines and going through some amazing loops and drums. Yesterday, we busted out both the guitars and bass and did some musical chairs on this track and busted in wide. It was an early and quick day, but a smart lunch at Atlas set the positive tone and we got the desired results. More to do, but a good start.

Friday night saw Irene make another ultra rare appearance with me in Brooklyn to celebrate the birthday of young Anjuli (the girl who always cooks for everyone else's birthdays). While waiting by the subway by Virgin, the Kidd made an accidental cameo, which was lovely as he is handsome and wore a yellow rain slicker. Then Irene and I and her people made it to Brooklyn where we dined at PT, a B/Al haunt that B had been telling me about for months. Well, it was fucking awesome and we had a blast all evening. Good wine, excellent food, and they make a sick awesome fusilli. It was a fun night hanging out with the cool kids from Irene's scene, all of whom I am very fond of.

After working on beats with B yesterday, I met Irene at home, we got ourselves a pizza and we watched Shoot Em Up, which I thought was hilariously cheesy yet good. If this was Asian, it would be the best movie ever made. I think they promoted this movie wrong. My friend Katz was a producer on it and he told me this as well I think. Anyway, it was fun mind candy for an hour and a half and got a few pops outta me!

And here I am typing at you with my beard on. Hopefully this will be a better week. We're gonna see Editors again, which should be great. Lotta Dulli coming up and those Gutter Twins tracks are pretty good. That's it. Go back to bed.

F

No comments: