29.1.08

Brandt Walks Out

I know I know, shut up. I don't you see posting, so don't give me any lip.

I'll give you the lowdown, short and sweet. Friday night saw Irene hanging with some clown named Kanye, so your hero, armed with cassettes (more on this shortly) decided to make an early visit to Brooklyn to work on the tunes. Dinner of course, is meant to be had immediately, so Dokebi it was. Our stomachs filled with fine Asian food and our hearts fueld by Sake, we brought it back to B's to begin work on the tunes. But first, we checked out some old cassettes (NEW CREATURES, AREA 88, TONES ON TAIL bootlegs) and then fired up the studio computer...

Which didn't work. crash crash crash crash!

B surprisingly remained much more calm then I would have thought he would. Maybe it's cause a. we've been through this before and b. the entire album is backed up in like ten different places. Anyhow, being musicians, did we break out the guitars and keyboards and write? Hello no, we went down the block and drank for hours and hours at that place we went to for Matt's birthday (No relation to that bar in the city we used to call "That Place We Went That Time With Murray"). While drunk, I somehow ordered us tickets to see the Joy Division doc which is playing here next month for 2 nights only. Massive. Thanks to Jenn for putting that doc in my head. Anyhow, I don't even recall going home, though B tells me I left "abruptly", its that goddamn japanese beer I like.

So Saturday, I recovered and decided, studio be damned, I'm working on some tunes. I set up my very minimal set up in the apartment and worked on a song called THE CHATTING BIRDS, which was recorded probably around 2003/04 in a "jam" with me, B, ash and starring Link on sax. I spent hours and hours on this song and we really psyched, so I told B to come over and check it out, cause, well he wasn't doing shit anyway (except getting the computer fixed). So he came over and marked out for the tune. Did some tweaks and then of course we decided to go to Spurs to get some grub. After a nice walk, we settled in at Spurs, ordered, and B walked out. What the F right? Fucker just gets up and walks out. I was like you're a dick and cancelled his order. Band breaks up in Spurs, right?

Ok what really happened was, we ordered food, had a drink and then he found out his girlfriend was locked out of their apartment. So he dropped everything and ran to Brooklyn and left me by myself to eat a burger. *sigh* Alone again, naturally. Then I went and got Irene from work.

Sunday, we did nothing. Nothing. We had dinner with my folks and then watched the Rumble, which was sweet but G left me with 4 girls to watch it cause he was ill. Fucker.

And here I am. Currently kicking the shit our of Matt and The Kidd in Facebook Wrestling, my new obsession. Awesome. Bye bi bi.

F

No comments: