2.6.06

Twilight as Played By a Bunch of Drunk Douches

I'm sorry for the delay in writing. I had what I thought was a cool idea in which I would post an IM chat between G and I, and then later G, Lurch and I where we reviewed the evening of June 1st, which was the event known as the Twilight Singers at Irving Plaza. Sadly, I felt these IM chats didn't measure of the to the quality of You-Mer found on this blog, so I scrapped it. Also, it contained a lot of incriminating shit that could get my friends in trouble (though the talk about 80's era Ellen Barkin was kinda priceless). I blame the lack of success on hangovers and fatigue, but I will give you some of the details.

Drinks started early. The weather was shit so we were forced to stay indoors. MOGpac AND PAUL and Kevin drank at Whiskey Ward because "The Last Days Of Disco" (as I called the Lurch, G, Kidd weeknight social life) have some thing for a bartender there (a girl). Anyway, if they have beer and peanuts I'm happy and happy I was drinking at a rapid rate.

it was our intention to see Afterhours open up for Dulli, but a certain someone who is MOGpac (Not Paul), wanted Pizza. I won't say who that person is...



Anyway, of course he picks that shit Pizza place on the corner of St. Marks and Second. You know, the kind of Pizza place you intentionally avoid cause you know after living in the city for close to 15 years you know is just shit. But he lives in queens and he's had some drinks so there we were. Crap Pizza. But there was three bitches in there, obviously tourists who did not take kindly to us (and seemed defeated by the fact that they were at Crap Piza and not nearly having as much fun as us. They were probably Jersey or students). Of course we thrive in that situation, sarcasm is hurled, and eventually win the heart of the Pizza Man (who used to ply his trade in the Gold Street area). Also, there was a solitary man who laughed at all the right things (meaning anything I said) and I declared him "the Judge" Meanwhile the counter girl took a liking to non MOG-Paul, despite her knowing he was not MOGpac. He could have taken home the prize, but he is no Sweet Valley High bitch as his Dulli Virginity needed to be taken.

And boy was it taken. While this was not the level of stupidity of the 2003 Warsaw gig, I am sure there are a few people who still do not like the Mogpac AND PAUL at Dulli's gigs. Joined by Irene, and for a second Brandt and Al (I think), we popped at the start of every song, no matter what it was, and sang at the top of our lungs like true fans. He played the Whigs' 66 and that was more than enough for me. The new songs were great live, the man was on and the band was fierce. I wish I could remember more.

I went to the bathroom at the end of the main set before the encore. As I went in, the kidd was coming out. We exchanged 'see you upstairs pal" and a hug and well, we never saw him again. Seriously.

Dulli came back and played an encore that included another Whigs song and then that was it. Awesome set, right? Not for Dan Hamill! An hour and 20 minute set is UNACCEPTABLE and my friend of 27 years lost his fucking shit and went insane screaming because the set was under 2 hours. We literally had to drag him out of Irving. He then proceeded to Ric Flair chop Paul in the sickest way known to man. When I tried to stop him, he then chopped me. the God of War returned for that one moment. I have not seen this level of violence from this man outside of a backyard in my life.

After sedating him, we finally got the Kidd on the phone, who proceeded to tell me "I'm in Astoria" and was in bed. Undaunted but after much arguing we ended up somewhere in the Alcholoic Playground for a short drink. I think it was called Annex. Paul talked to a girl that he liked and Lurch held hands with a girl who had STD's. Luckily, Paul clued him in on that (not sure how he knows) and earned Irene's respect at the same time.

Then we passed out. I think. I literally remember nothing from Friday. This is the short version of the events. Possibly not all accurate and I'm sure I am missing some. OH! Mighty Fine, that fucking cocksucker, came on for a few numbers. I hate him so much, but I love seeing him with Dulli because I need something to yell at. I also failed to mention that Dulli is LARGE. that is all.

FYI, this man, as told to me by the Kidd, is NOT MOGpac:

No comments: