11.6.06

In the Mood For Lurch

Things get busier and busier as I write to you from what will be a very brief day and a half stopover in LA before I head over to Tokyo again. I’m too tired to be excited, but the idea of the flight to Tokyo only being 9 hours from here is more appealing than the 12-14 hours it would be from NY. Because it is the weekend, I am under no pressure to be at meetings or rush to anything, so I am keeping a casual pace, which means a late flight (which gave me time to have a quick lunch with Irene). Me being me, I found myself at JFK ahead of schedule and thus with plenty of time to work on music, of which I have lots of new stuff to work with courtesy of Brandt. Also, wireless service at the airports now rocks it.

My flight itself was uneventful. I finished the unauthorized History of ECW book HARDCORE HISTORY, which will serve me well while watching the PPV tonight and I hope on one of my next flights this week to finish the authorized History of ECW book and compare notes. In between reading, I finally got down to watching 2046 on DVD, which is the pseudo-sequel to IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE. It was overblown and could have been great if like 45 minutes where cut from it. Instead, its more like IN THE MOOD FOR LURCH, which is sort of a backhanded compliment to the man in question and confusing to anyone who doesn’t know him. For this I apologize.

I decided to try something new and fly into Burbank as opposed to Long Beach or LAX. Anything called the Bob Hope Airport is fine by me and it’s tiny and very convenient. Even movie stars like Scott Speedman fly there on the same flights as myself. Immediately upon landing I found myself in Hollywood douche mode. I’m riding in a white jeep driving through Burbank, listening to Phoenix (whom I never listen to except when I know I am going to Japan which might have something to do with LOST IN TRANSLATION), and my first stop is of course In and Out Burger on Sunset. This might have been my first trip to In and Out in a year and man was it worth it. It just put me in a good mood. Feeling fine, I stopped at my favourite magazine store, Centerfold, and scored not only the new NME (The Queen is Dead 20th Anniversary special), but some local music mag with Dulli on the cover. LA is kind to me this week.

Then I found myself on my BAE’s (Business Affairs Exec) couch watching upcoming TV pilots which is now a yearly tradition here. Oh, BAE is the former Agent/Lawyer/Advisor, as she is really not an agent, has her own lawyer, but still advises when needed. Now she is BAE. OK.

Today should be a promising day full of surprises and fine food and hopefully some sweet ass wrestling. More soon.

F

No comments: