27.6.06

As Long As Lurch is Happy

I'm slow recovering from the weekend and for that I apologize. Friday night was kid's night as we babysat the The Kidd's godson, Thomas, while his mother worked on a photoshoot. Whenever there's a cool kid at MOGworld, the pac comes out. The Godfather himself made a cameo, and then we proceed to teach the small boy how to prank call Dan Hamill claiming to be "Dan Hamill calling from the past" which got a huge pop and was a great act that never got stale. This actually brought Dan Hamill to our house to see the boy also (though I think his real intention was to go to Burger Joint). Irene made mac and cheese and then when Danny left, Lurch showed and the four of us saw CARS together. It's not the best PIxar movie, but even a mediocre Pixar movie is better than most great animated movies, plus you had Owen Wilson and Paul Newman, I mean come on. Good stuff.

Saturday saw me finally get back to the studio to work on music. Thank God. DON'T DREAM JUST SCHEDULE begins to take shape. I even got some bass in there which Brandt futzed around with and made something weird and sweet out of. We're one song away from being ready for overdubs and vocals. Exciting. This was a productive day. We were so productive that we didn't even go record shopping.

That night saw Irene, Lynell and I have dinner at the new mac and cheese place S'Mac (which is awesome) before heading to the alcoholic playground (aka wack ass lower east side) to toast Lurch for his birthday. We had a good crew, lots of drinks, lots of citizens to make fun of, and and a happy lurch, and that my friends is all that matters. This was one of the best times I have had in ages, despite the citizens. Afterwards, in the very wee hours, myself and the girls took the party to an already closing Heathers. Supposedly i was not the most well behaved on the way there and the ladies were in fear. However, at Heathers, where we had a nightcap, I was fine. I then went on a 4;30am hot dog binge in which I ate a hot dog and then a block later supposedly forgot I just had one and wanted another. You know, todd.

There are pictures of all this, and Ill add them when I get them. Busy week ahead, but I'll keep your ass in the loop.

F

No comments: