6.6.06

The Rest of the Week...

My recollection of Friday was a haze. I truly have no idea what I did that day. If anyone can remind me, that would be appreciated, and I can be reached via the usual methods. Oh wait, I went record shopping with Brandt. I recall that.

I do know I spent a fun day Saturday working on the tunes with Brandt. We are chipping and chisiling away and finally beginning to make a small but necessary dent in CREATION PHASE. We just sat with guitars and bass and some beats and began the re-writing process. It's going to be a very different yet more impressive song than what it started out as. I'm excited. We also did more work on DONT DREAM JUST SCHEDULE, which I really want Ash and Charles to take a crack at as well. It's at that point. Anyhow, it was awesome playing the original T-bird again. Love it.

In the middle of all this, B took me here: http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/41828729/ and I demand you go NOW for an awesome burger.

Then I ran back to the city for even more record shopping and then ran back to Brooklyn for The Ash BBQ. I was late, I apologize, but the tunes needed me. He knows this. It was a nice relaxed evening of lawnchairs, beers, pesto and some familiar faces, Matt and Jax being the highlight (though I was sad I missed Robin and Damon). I had a very good time, it was just the kind of night I needed after the recent chaos. And even though things were winding down by the time my late ass got there, Ash let me make a few music selections and DJ for a bit. From what I remember, I "spun" (read that as "chose off my Ipod") some Spiritualized, Ian Brown, Tubeway Army, Tears For Fears, Leandro Fresco, a few others, and of course some new Hypefactor (prompting the customary recent music discussion). All in all it was a fun evening.

Post BBQ, G and I kept it old school and went to Ray's for some slices, which was a good way to cap off the night. Then I found myself back at home listening to Kasabian's Rock In Rio gig, which had just happened and was posted online. Lotta new tracks, lotta awesome. The album is out 9/4. Can't wait.

Then Irene came home in the wee hours of the morning and we stole as much sleep as we could (3 hrs and less) to prepare for the arrival of the Baby Cute Madness, which meant we had Kruger and Link babies all in the same place at the same time. Unprecedented. And HIlarious. These kids are awesome. So smart, cute, and well behaved (I'll get the pix up soon). We had fun. Parents impress me with their ability to handle all of this stuff. it was a fun few days of museums, carousels, playgrounds and other kid friendly things. We spent a lot of time in Central Park and luckily the weather held out. We also had an epic dinner with my folks. The final night of the Kruger stay saw Irene and I on babysitting duty while they had a date night in midtown (I made them a reservation at Osteria Al Doge and they were quite pleased with that, but i think they could have gone to McDonalds and been happy to have a night to themselves). The kids were well behaved, we ate and watched Dora. Fun. Then Irene and I slept. And havent left the apartment since. But I'm going to have to again as there are vocal lessons to attend, screenings to see, blogs to write, and planes to catch as your hero is off to Tokyo again next Monday for a few days. Score.

F

No comments: