2.11.04

Tidbits

Yes, we've been quite busy here at MOG HQ. Here's a rough sketch of current events;

*Spent some time working with this new silly software Ash sent over for our drum editing. It's much faster than Live, and I think eventually it will rock hard, but we need to log in some hours with Melodyne. We're trying to get Ash in this week for a tutorial. We desparately need to get our momentum back and get to the mix stage of this record. We've been held up way too long for mine, or anyone's, liking. I'm starting to get the live itch. Watch it, bitch.

*Chemlab has become a recent topic of conversation as of late. I can't be a cocktease and hint something will happen when, in fact, nothing might be the case. Anyhow, I've been asked about some ideas that are floating in the ether and my eyes are peeled as to which of those ideas, or a combination of them will float down from the sky and land in your record stores. Some ideas are good, some are not, and I've made my opinion known. Per usual, Louche and I are on the same page. However, as always, and despite some people's extremely misguided opinion, the final responsibility isn't mine (and I like it that way). But I guess thats just me hogging credit like I always seem to do, right pally?

*Thanks to Ms. Bradish, Halloween was a smashing success that saw a revival of Cyndi Lauper's Rock N Wrestling starring Irene as Cyndi, G as Roddy Piper, Lurch as Andre the Giant and myself as Captain Lou Albano. Irene's makeup and costume skills for this endeavor was scary good and I enjoyed my anonymity for the evening, especially when no one in the pub recognized me. Photos will not be made public, sorry. I already scared Matt and and impressed Ash!

*I'm currently floating the idea of a DJ spot. It's been on my mind for awhile. Normally, I would be very anti cause beat matching and that kind of wackassness, but after seeing Peter Hook DJ and a few other heroes, I figure I can plug the powerbook into a sound system and just play awesome songs. What would be my DJ name be?

*Many are thinking about the election. I'm too scared to think of the outcome so my focus is on THURSDAY, which is when I will see the SITH trailer. Thank MOG that in this scary fucking world we live in that we can still see a STAR WARS movie. It's more than enough reason for me to want to live.

*Finally, I ordered Cerati's hits album/DVD as well as my new STAR WARS Kubricks. Where would I be without Ebay?

*Upcoming gigs see us at Colder (with a new band called Home Video opening. Ash slipped me their EP, out now on Warp, and it's super), Muse and Kasabian! The year can't get much better than that.

Album of the Year is coming up, sorry I'm slow. I'm thinking of waiting to reveal it until the u2 record is out to see if that wins out, but Album of the Year is getting destroyed in the British Press and just came out today there, so I'm gonna get this all on E-paper soon and commit it. Soon.

F

PS: You can blame a lot of the lack of progress on GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS. What can I tell you? I'm driving a low rider and pimpin' ho's. MEGA ACE

3 comments:

ashley said...

WAIT - DJing is wack because YOU can't beat match? Hmmm...

Do you hear yourself sometimes?

; >

F.J. said...

No, MAN, i just dont have the gear or the records to do the beatmatching you do so well. Maybe you can teach me, Sensei Douche. OR better yet we can do the Peter Hook style where I hand you records and you spin em! I'm talking about sitting in the corner of the pub with my powerbook playing Ass Cobra and Verve B-Sides to my friends!

I hear myself often, in fact, way too much!

mjg. said...

MEGA ACE?!?! more like mega ASS