11.11.04

Petition For Growth

I get nostalgic during this season.

I was looking through photos and came across some from the MOGTrips, in particular shots from our Russian adventure. And I realized something that I feel strongly about. I feel so strongly that I'd like to use this space for a petition:

Dan Hamill should grow his beard again.

It's a GREAT look for him. He looks like one of the guys from Sigur Ros or something. Very classic, yet very current.

Please add you name to this petition if you feel as strongly as I do.


Ash.
------

PS, rumor has it that In Loving Memory (fondly known as Ass Cobra on these pages) will be performing for the first time on 12/11 at a space called The Tank. It will most likely be a stripped down setup, with me on guits and electronics, Thom on additional guits, Charles on bass and Robin on drums. Our set will most likely be entirely instrumental, as we haven't finalized vocalist decisions and because of this haven't made a decision about adding a dedicated keyboardist/electronic percussionist (it's long story.) We feel very strongly about the album's worth of instrumental material that we have so far, and would like to present it at least once in this format.

The night is being curated by none other than Type recording artist, io-records founder, and bizarro counterpart of FJ, RJ Valeo. RJ will be performing live, as well as at least two other Type artists, one of them being a young guy named Khonnor. He's an elctronic-folk rock guy whose album has just been released and is getting great reviews. Fennesz and MBV come to mind when listening. Watch this space for details about the show.

8 comments:

mjg. said...

where is this "space"? is it located at: 526 W 26th St?

F.J. said...

Outer Space, i think.

I'll check this shit out for sure. I own the record.

Anonymous said...

Ash, if you can convince the kidd to take a mogpac trip in the late spring/early summer of '05, I will gladly grow my beard back. Looking forward to your show

G

ashley said...

A blessing from the Anonymous G - now we HAVE to play!

F.J. said...

Ash, don't "tank"! I HAD TO, COME ON!

ashley said...

I can now confirm that the gig is NOT on 26th St. Some of you might know the place Matt is referring to - it features aspiring models swimming in a large fish tank. Sorry Tom.

It's in Times Square (I don't know which is worse).

F.J. said...

Well thats easier, cause if it was anywhere other than a tourist trap, you'd have to get Tom directions. He gravitates towards those things. You don't want another Midevil Times incident, right?

ashley said...

LOLOLOL!!!!!!1


http://www.thetanknyc.org/