17.9.04

Fleetism #1(thousand)

Yesterday, before ordering Death Cab For Cutie tix (for Tasche and myself) I thought of Thom, since he’s never near a computer. I texted him before 11 am asking him to let me know if he’s down asap since they go on sale at 12. No reply by the on-sale time, so I figured he didn’t get it ‘cause he was up on a roof or something. It’s on a Friday, he really digs DCFC, and he hasn’t hung out in AGES, so I figured he was def in.

He waits to call me until 6:45 PM (I didn’t have service at the time so I missed his call) to say he can’t go because:

  1. he’s getting tattooed that night
  2. he has to pack because...
  3. he’s going away with Jordana the following day (I think he said to I-RAN)


He then launches into standard voice mail antics, going on to say that he actually WORKED on music during the week when he wasn't with us. Thing is, he spent this precious time on a song that WE ALL AGREED NOT TO DO FOR THIS ALBUM MONTHS AGO.

So, in summation, if anyone needs a ticket for Death Cab, let me know. OH, and if anyone needs a guitarist who likes to keep it edgy and definitely not jangly, let me know also…

(edited for a PG Rating)


- ASH

11 comments:

F.J. said...

Best. Blog. Ever.

ashley said...

Oh, and then he wanted to know when we were getting together to work on stuff...

ashley said...

You know, for The Aggression? I guess he figured since the new label is in Boston and he'll be living in Vermont that it would work out perfectly for him.

F.J. said...

Someday when we're all dead and gone and Brandt and Lurc write the MOGhistory book, the NC-17 profanity laced tirade this was originally written as should make it to print.

mjg. said...

i just caught the "#1(thousand)" bit - that's funny.

ashley said...

That was my nod to UHF- "Rocky Five...Thousand!")

ashley said...

Is it really?

mjg. said...

it IS really...

http://lib.luksian.com/textsfnf/screenplays/003/

do a search for 'Rocky'...

PLANET DRUIDIA - INT. EAGLE 5 - MORNING
LONE STARR and BARF are watching the news.
NEWS MAN ....so I guess you might call that a case of man bites druid. (laughs) On a sadder note, Pizza the Hut (famed half-man, half-pizza) was found dead earlier today in the back seat of his stretched limo. Evidently, the notorious gangster became locked in his car, and ate himself to death. Coming up, Pongo's review of Rocky five....thousand. Pongo.

F.J. said...

Dang, you are one thorough Diva!

ashley said...

We should totally get Matt those Princess Leia ear muffs.

F.J. said...

Like he doesnt have those already...if he doesn't, he can borrow mine.

F