15.9.04

Cleaning Up

A extremely nice surprise popped into my E-mail box yesterday when I received a demo of the new HF song CLEAN UP now featuring vocals from Mr. Saintface himself, Peter. To say I am happy with the results of his work would be an understatement as he has taken this song to a whole new level. Between our recent edits of the song and now his vocal stylings being added to the mix, this song has exploded big time. My lovely significant other's jaw dropped when I ran home to blast her the tune last night. Now, we just have to find a time to bring the extremely busy Mr. Peter into the Birdcage to lay down the final vocals. Hell, I'd take to demo vox with no problem, but you know, Brandt and Peter are SUCH sticklers. My intention is to hit the studio tonight to lay down my short vocals for LENINGRAD. I'll report back.

Meanwhile, have you heard Mike Shinoda's remix of Depeche Mode's ENJOY THE SILENCE? Shinoda, of Linkin Park fame, has basically turned it, in Brandt's words a Chemlab song...and this is not a bad thing. I admit an enjoyment of Linkin Park because they initially reminded me of where 16 Volt should have possibly gone with their more commercial aspirations, but I think Shinoda is a talented guy beyond that band. This does have me excited for the Depeche remix album, coming next month, mostly because of the bonus disc which has Shinoda's mix as well as mixes from Goldfrapp and Colder (who I believe I am seeing live soon, at last). And Ash will hate all this! YES!

To clear up some things from the previous entry's comment sections, Gwendolyn Kennedy, an extremely attractive blonde, was the original aggression press officer in the early-mid 1990's. She was the great grandniece of JFK (really), though had distanced herself from the family in her later teenage and college years. She introduced me to the Internet and to E-mailing at a time where the only place you could such things was go to a large computer lab on a campus. She had a thing for Ash, though this was after her fling with original aggression vocalist Dr. Michael Fury. You can still find some of her press releases on rec.music.industrial. She had a sharp tongue and could verbally and physically spar with the best of them. We lost touch after WHITELINE came out, but she has since moved to Europe (last I heard from her Ex-boyfriend Doug Scher). Gwen was a fucking spitfire, though very few remember her. Ash, I know remembers her, cause he is claiming he had a thing for her. However, while posts and E-mails did exist from her, Gwen herself never existed as she was a pseudonym I used for band announcements, which makes this post extremely enjoyable.

F

6 comments:

ashley said...

ACTUALLY, I never claime danything of the sort. I simply asked if I ever KNEW her. PLEASE.

mjg. said...

i will support ashley on this: he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, gwendolyn kennedy. and NO, that's not because he was having sexual relations with me in the mid-90s.

ashley said...

Hey Matt, thanks for the solid. you know, SOLID?

brandtgassman said...

In response to the comments on the previous post, damn straight I could use an intern at the Cage. Frankly, I'm tired of brewing tea for you people.

F.J. said...

No one drinks your tea, urine boy!

ashley said...

WOW, Frank's writers must have gone home early today for the Jewish holiday...