12.8.04

MY SO CALLED MAC

The days draw near before Irene and I head to the other part of the world, so the chaos is at double speed (even though I am taking the time to blog and she is on the couch watching a screener of TROY and I think slowly regretting it).

My morning was spent with our new friend Ben at at the Apple Store. Finally, someone there with some class and patience (though it was his last day there!) He handled a lot of my post-crash problems (reinstalling os9, etc) so I can get back into musical shape and he then addressed the physical problems facing this beaten-down Powerbook. I won't get into details, but its only 2 years old and looks like its been around for triple that. This stems from the fact that this computer has been all over the world with me and never stays in the same spot too long. You would think they would make these things a bit sturdier. Anyhow, lets just say Ben gave me the rock star treatment and this laptop will be as good as new by the time I return from Paris. Just so you know, his last two "celebrity" clients at apple were myself (!) and Claire Danes, who i think he now has a crush on.

The rest of the day was spent interacting with lots of cool people. Observe:

Ash and I had a fun exchange all day via E-mail. I finally showed him my first piece for Ass Cobra and he started out REALLY liking it, and then in his own "special" (as in special ed) Ash way, we had pretty much trashed the whole thing. HOWEVER, he gave me the music finally, which wil serve as the soundtrack to my European vacation. Hopefully, by the time I get back I'll have my head around the Cobra and get into it. Ash, Robin and Charles have an excellent new song called THREE WEEKS, which I am very fond of. I love that I be a fan of this band...

Leo V23 has found his way onto I-Chat, which is a big pleasant surprise for me. Instead of now waiting every month to see him and exchange new music, we now have the direct line. As he prepares for his first official gig as AM PACIFC, he sent me a new song called 11:11 which is one of the best things he has ever done. I'm sad I will be missing this gig for sure, but he knows my schedule and hopefully can book around it next time I'm in LA. As I type. we are trading various rarities, live tracks, etc from the likes of Cerati and Fresco, et al.

As if this isn't even a crazier day, Joe Saintface and I had a brief but nice exchange regarding the status of the new Saintface album. Regular readers of this blog will know that I am somewhat impatiently waiting for this album. It seems Joe is too. Supposedly, it was officially finished last night, though I will believe it when D'orge hears it, know what I mean? However, Peter, prepare to be stalked by your number 1 fan. I leave TUESDAY and need this in my I-Pod!

Speaking of Mr. Face, I might have failed to mention that a few E-exchanges with Peter have taken place this week regarding the second of the HF songs he is singing for EXIT STRATEGIES called CLEAN UP. He sent in his suggested edit for the song, most of which I didn't have a problem with other than the fact that he totally cut everything I loved about the song (Read: F-bass parts). Needless to say, he trimmed the song by two minutes, which it totally needed, but I think and shortened version of the long F-bass parts will come back as a bridge somewhere. The compromise should be very easy to figure out once he finishes the vocals.

Meanwhile, while Mr. Louche celebrates his anniversary and in preparation of our socializing in London next week, I have presented him a "gameplan", which outlines some of what could be our immediate musical future together. Yes that sounds gay, but hopefully down the line, and if all goes according to plan you Louche fans will be happy labheads a year or two from now. Watch this space

I keep hoping Irene falls asleep watching TROY so I can watch the OASIS gig I taped on Trio this afternoon while we were at dinner. Fingers crossed!

F

PS: SOMEONE TEACH ASH HOW TO USE THIS FUCKING THING! THANKS.

1 comment:

mjg. said...

as mattagement, i'll set up a work to help our "special" friend learn how blog - but i'll be sure he limits his use of CAPS