29.8.04

...

I'm a changed man. I've just come from a screening of Vincent Gallo's THE BROWN BUNNY. I've written more words so far in this entry then there is dialogue in the movie (the title heading for this entry is a line from the movie). Only Vincent Gallo can get away with kind of movie. I love the man. I would only reccomend it to two people and they were with me when I saw it. I'm glad Irene skipped this. Should you see it, don't expect anything like BUFFALO 66, and don't say I didn't warn you. As for my neighbor, Chloe Sevingy, I have no idea what to say to her next time I see her at the market...

Last night, several mogpackers and members of Internationalpoontang.com gathered for some the annual F&G birthday celebrations, starting with a gig by none other than Saintface. They had a shit time slot, eh sound, and did their best with it, but the guitarist was occasionally out of tune and the drummer seemed a bit off. Nothing major, these things happen, but not the classic I usually am served up. However, their worst day is better than some band's entire careers. Afterwardsm Peter did deliver on what is currently my favourite birthday present. However, I have signed some confidentiality agreements similar to that presented to me by Lucasfilm a few months back and I can't speak on any of this...but I will say I am loving it immensely.

We took the social fun to a cool and comfortable bar (and I don't say that often) that had a DJ playing nothing but what seemed like an F.J. selection of songs. Everything from Bauhaus to Primal Scream to Joy Division to the Mondays. A DJ with taste, go figure. I was still jet laggy, but hey, with my girl and such good friends, it was fun to force myself to stay awake. Can someone from last night tell me the name of this bar?

Before signing off for the evening, I would take this moment to congratulate the future Mr. and Mrs. Dovemeadows on the announcement of their engagement! ACES.

F





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was called "dark bar"

mjg. said...

such a lame name for a potentially huge place - was kind of wishing that someone who lives across the street from the place wouldn't volunteer the name (an assumption). i'm fearful of a citizens' takeover of the spot.

i have not seen the BB, but i imagine that i willl continue to like gallo the person and despise gallo the artist.

thank you.

ashley said...

Sounds like a place Thom would preside over.

Where is it exactly?

F.J. said...

Because I have read the words "thom", "citizens" and "takeover, i ask that the address not be revealed to the public because it's literally the first bar since St. D's I've enjoyed myself in. Thank you.

mjg. said...

indeed.

Anonymous said...

Is the mogblog checked daily by the media outlets? I will not reveal the location, but it is across the street from where I and a certain of my cohorts live. And I won't say my name just in case that should give the paparazzo a clue.

fuss said...

Maybe I am just jaded and was too annoyed and un-drunk on Saturday, but I didn't realize that place was the new cool spot. There was a DJ? I thought it was a jukebox or a mixtape. Meanwhile, yesterday I read in a popular New York magazine what was essentially a suggestion to go to Piano's because you might not be able to get served at this place, which is true, but also implies a certain hotness that I feel must be lacking any night when we aren't there.
I am really glad FJ and G had fun, though. They deserve it.

F.J. said...

Piano's represents everything I hate in the NY bar/venue world. I literally feel dirty every time I enter it and even dirtier every time I leave it.

Considering the level of activity this blog has seen of late, I can only imagine certain people, places, and things (and Dan Hamill), will be appearing on Page Six with alarming regularity in the months ahead, mostly to coincide with the impending Hypefactor album, which is a total Page Six album, despite Brandt's involvement.

And thank you all for appearing the small birthday gathering.

F

mjg. said...

was it small?