26.1.04

Skrewed

Vocal demos continued through the weekend, with the heat at the studio going in and out at will. I love NYC. Robin came in to lend her support and spatula as I sang my ass off on tracks like ONENINEFIVESIX and CREATION DAYS (though I might have to write another chorus for that one). This session didn't go as effortlessly as the first session the other day, but Brandt pushed me and pushed me until I hit notes that I never knew I could hit. Again, it's a thumbs up all around from the crew on the lyrics and melodies, which are key. I think Ash will hate the lyrics and melodies, which is usually a good sign in my eyes ;-P

Listened to some more of Robin's drum tracks thus far and I'm quite frankly blown away by what she brings to the tabel. What a musician this girl is! I tell you, she's the shining star on this album. I need 5 more of her. Clone this woman! This weekend, our intention is to get Robin going in earnest on the drums.

Team Obscene (a MOG subdivision consisting of MOGpac members Matt, G, the kidd and myself) gathered last night for the first time in ages to watch some sport and play some vids. Kudos to Matt Gentile for getting me past the VICE CITY board I had been stuck on for an ENTIRE YEAR (i wont say which, for fear of embarassment). And now the adventure (and howling laughter in my home) will continue. Also, my Pac exclusive Christmas presents have gone over quite well with the troops!

An E-mail came in from former Skrew!frontman Adam Grossman today, always a welcome presence in my mailbox. Such a good guy. I think I may have mentioned I saw Skrew more than any other band ever. I think Saintface after this week beats that record believe it or not. Lets toast to both bands.

F

No comments: