5.1.04

03 in Review...04 in Preview

I've been wracking my brain, trying to figure out what my musical BEST OF is for 2003. I'm sorry Ash, but I think I was too busy making music in 03 to focus at the moment. However, i did walk out of 2003 loving stuff I was unfamiliar with like South, Telfon Tel Aviv, Death in Vegas, Andreas Tilliander, and others; unable to stop listening to stuff such as Chris Connelly, Acumen, Christ Analogue, Interpol, Cerati, ILC, and Saintface.

2003 saw the aggression go to Russia and come back just to "split up" again, Ass Cobra was born, Hypefactor was reborn and yet the aggression is the only with a CD coming out anytime soon. Go figure, though 2004 is the 10th anniversary! However, you know who to thank at the cocktail party if that nothing happens to commemorate it.

I saw a career milestone reached as I got to be a part of the Chemlab relaunch, to which I would like to thank Jared, Jason and Jamie for letting me in on that. Hopefully, you will still love me on 27 January when the album comes out.

in 2004 these albums will hopefully own: Chemlab, Telfon Tel Aviv, NIN, Revenge 2cd retro, Ass Cobra, Oasis, and especially Saintface. Oh and maybe this Hypefactor album will come out!

Now for Film:

I wish I never returned to THE MATRIX, but Bryan Singer made X2 a near perfect comics book based movie. I also felt LAST SAMURAI was a huge awesome well of emotion, OLD SCHOOL will be seen as a classic for years to come, but no movie rocked my ass like LOST IN TRANSLATION. Bar none. The Best.

IN 2004, the movies to see will be CONSTANTINE, SPIDER-MAN 2 and HARRY POTTER.

In the world of Hong Kong film, Jackie Chan failed me with the MEDALLION though owned in SHANGHAI KNIGHTS. The INFERNAL AFFAIRS series is amazing, I have a gay thing for Takeshi Kaneshiro from THE RETURNER, and MEN SUDDENLY IN BLACK was one of the funniest films of the year. The loss of both Leslie Cheung and Anita Mui sucked majorly.

in 2004, my money is on NEW POLICE STORY and INFERNAL AFFAIRS 3.

In the world of comic books, nothing rocked harder than pretty much anything that came out of the apple computer owned by Mr. Geoff Johns. His FLASH issue 200 was THE best single issue of a comic book this year (even Wizard magazine agrees). He re-launched my all time favorite comic book TEEN TITANS to much acclaim and success. Honorable mention goes to Jeph Loeb who brought the HUSH storyline to an ok ending, but launched the awesome SUPERMAN/BATMAN series. However, my favorite non superhero book is NEGATION. I love it to death. This could make an awesome movie

I will run to the comic store to in 2004 to buy anything by Mr. Johns, Mr. Loeb (especially his upcoming run with Michael Turner on SUPERMAN/BATMAN), Brad Meltzer's DC Identity Crisis and KISS KISS BANG BANG.

Anyway, If I think of anything more, I'll let you know.

Back to the real world!

F

No comments: